Off center white window on Mac OS 10.6.8

Help and problem reporting for the game.
Anadian

Off center white window on Mac OS 10.6.8

Post by Anadian » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:41 pm

While this isn't a Linux-related question, I didn't feel like creating a new thread for it.
I'm having difficulty running the demo on my Mac OS 10.6.8 machine. I've installed the Mono runtime but when I attempt to run the .app from Finder I'm simply met with an off-centre, blank, white window which disappears in about a second. Attempting to run the core executable in Terminal returns the following Screen Shot, in addition to the aforementioned blank window.
If nobody has any advice, I can always try running it from the Mint VM I've set-up on my drive. I heard about this game on NintendoLife and must say that I would most prefer to play the finished game on the Nintendo 3DS. Regardless of platform, the game looks great so far.

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Off center white window on Mac OS 10.6.8

Post by poe » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:57 pm

Please try to keep things in their relevant thread ;)

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Anadian wrote:While this isn't a Linux-related question, I didn't feel like creating a new thread for it.
I'm having difficulty running the demo on my Mac OS 10.6.8 machine. I've installed the Mono runtime but when I attempt to run the .app from Finder I'm simply met with an off-centre, blank, white window which disappears in about a second. Attempting to run the core executable in Terminal returns the following Screen Shot, in addition to the aforementioned blank window.
If nobody has any advice, I can always try running it from the Mint VM I've set-up on my drive. I heard about this game on NintendoLife and must say that I would most prefer to play the finished game on the Nintendo 3DS. Regardless of platform, the game looks great so far.
This is strange! It's basically saying it can't find the menu background graphic that's in Content/Textures/UI.

Can you please make sure everything was extracted from the zip?

Anadian

Post by Anadian » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:59 pm

Something that I forgot to mention was that I received a corruption warning while unpacking the game with Unarchiver:
At first I didn't think much of this, passing it off to mean little more than it was simply poorly packed and expecting an extra file which would be generated on first execution or something like that. Now however, it does seem likely that it could be referring to the missing assets, in essence, there is no Texture folder at all. Would you by any chance know whether other Mac users are having issues? If so, than it is likely just a problem with the zip file.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:07 am

You'll probably want to try redownloading it. We haven't had any other reports of problems with the archive.