What about Paypal?

Help and problem reporting for the game.
Linkshot
Supporter
Supporter

What about Paypal?

Post by Linkshot » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Is there any way I can drop some money on you guys through Paypal? I can't donate through Kickstarter and don't care too much about the perks, anyway.

KevinS

Re: What about Paypal?

Post by KevinS » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Linkshot wrote:Is there any way I can drop some money on you guys through Paypal? I can't donate through Kickstarter and don't care too much about the perks, anyway.
Why can't you just donate through Kickstarter, it's basically the same as sending a payment through PayPal? I always use Paypal to donate on Kickstarter. :)

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:25 pm

A couple people have been asking for Paypal support. Not totally sure how that works.. I'll look into it as soon as I get some time!

KevinS

Post by KevinS » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Oh, I was confusing Kickstarter with Indiegogo. I always assumed you could use PayPal on Kickstarter. :cry:

fawz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by fawz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:11 am

A paypal pledge system is usually only introduced after the Kickstarter has been successfully funded.

The reason for this is that on Kickstarter you are only charged when the limit is reached and the goal is met. With paypal you are charged as soon as you make the pledge and there is a chance the project will not reach the goal which means the promises tied to the pledge cannot be fulfilled which is a form of fraud.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:58 am

fawz wrote:A paypal pledge system is usually only introduced after the Kickstarter has been successfully funded.

The reason for this is that on Kickstarter you are only charged when the limit is reached and the goal is met. With paypal you are charged as soon as you make the pledge and there is a chance the project will not reach the goal which means the promises tied to the pledge cannot be fulfilled which is a form of fraud.
Thanks for clarifying that. I was just thinking about that earlier, suck to cancel all the transactions :/

fawz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by fawz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:05 am

Once the project is funded setting up alternate forms of payment (where you loose less by giving Kickstarter their cut) would be cool, especially if it's calculated for stretch goals. If it would be expanded on to have some of the same tier/rewards from Kickstarter but at an increased price on the chasm website after Kickstarter has funded it would help the game and still reward early backers on Kickstarter. Eventually having the option to add individual rewards as an upgrade function would also be neat.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:28 pm

fawz wrote:Once the project is funded setting up alternate forms of payment (where you loose less by giving Kickstarter their cut) would be cool, especially if it's calculated for stretch goals. If it would be expanded on to have some of the same tier/rewards from Kickstarter but at an increased price on the chasm website after Kickstarter has funded it would help the game and still reward early backers on Kickstarter. Eventually having the option to add individual rewards as an upgrade function would also be neat.
I really like this idea! I wouldn't make each reward that much more then Kickstarter though, since some people might have wanted to donate earlier but had been unable to since PayPal wasn't an option. :)

monstermux
Supporter
Supporter

Post by monstermux » Fri May 03, 2013 7:17 am

Yeah, i would love to support your game, i'm just not buying a credit card for kickstarter. Really great job with the game guys, it's awesome :)

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri May 03, 2013 12:45 pm

We're looking into Paypal now. Not sure if we'll support it or not for the Kickstarter, but final game we will for sure. Thanks!