Demo Crash

Help and problem reporting for the game.
TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Demo Crash

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:02 pm

I'm not sure what influences the item drops, if it's random or stat-based. If it matters, I had a luck stat of at least 14 (I had been boosting it with a few shrines and decent item drops) but in any case, the crash was upon opening a chest on Floor 5. I, of course, have no way to check what my exact stats were at the time because of the lack of character saving. :P

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:29 am

Oh, ok interesting. Not sure why it crapped out there :D I'll take a look.

TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 am

I got it again. Started 'floor 3' in options (apparently that only affects Floor 1 and not the following floors), but the error happened again on floor 5, also again as one of the last, if not the last, treasure chest available to open on the floor. My luck was approx 17 last I remember seeing.

Code: Select all

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Chasm.Gameplay.Database.GetRandomItemDrop(ItemType types, Int32 noDropWeight)
   at Chasm.Gameplay.TreasureChest.SpawnTreasure()
   at Chasm.Gameplay.TreasureChest.Update(Single elapsedTime)
   at Chasm.Gameplay.RoomInstance.Update(Single elapsedTime)
   at Chasm.Gameplay.World.Update()
   at Chasm.ChasmGame.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
   at Chasm.Program.Main(String[] args)
I believe the error message is identical. I am running the 103 build. I am interested in testing the 104 build and sent an application, but I did so before having visited the forum so it was probably a little sloppy. Learned several things during the last playthrough after having seen remarks posted here about stuff like daggers.

Edit: Couldn't reproduce it with a rush to floor 5 using godmode. And then floor 7 crashed me pretty bad with the known error about map array.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Chasm.Gameplay.DungeonGenerator.Fits(RoomTemplate template, Point position, Point offset)
   at Chasm.Gameplay.DungeonGenerator.Generate(Int32 floor, Int32 size)
   at Chasm.Gameplay.World.LoadFloorImmediate(Int32 floor)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

Editing in another bug from a different build for Discord.
http://imgur.com/QymDPUh

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Chasm.Gameplay.Database.GetRandomItemDrop(ItemType types, Int32 noDropWeight)
   at Chasm.Gameplay.TreasureChest..ctor(Int32 x, Int32 y)
   at Chasm.Gameplay.DungeonGenerator.Generate(Int32 floor, Int32 size)
   at Chasm.Gameplay.World.LoadFloorImmediate(Int32 floor)

hawkeye
Supporter
Supporter

Post by hawkeye » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:22 pm

Sleel wrote:Hi. Yes, XNA 4.0 is installed, however, the folder contains no crash log (unless it's in a sub-folder). I get the error instantaneously, upon clicking the executable, so, perhaps it's too soon to generate one? Thanks for the reply.
I can't seem to locate a crash log either. I'm running the mac version. Should it be in the Resources folder where config.ini is?

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:29 pm

hawkeye wrote:
Sleel wrote:Hi. Yes, XNA 4.0 is installed, however, the folder contains no crash log (unless it's in a sub-folder). I get the error instantaneously, upon clicking the executable, so, perhaps it's too soon to generate one? Thanks for the reply.
I can't seem to locate a crash log either. I'm running the mac version. Should it be in the Resources folder where config.ini is?
Yea, I believe on Mac it should be next to config.ini. Let me double check that the crash logs are getting generated on Mac. Did you installed Mono first by the way?

hawkeye
Supporter
Supporter

Post by hawkeye » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:33 pm

I installed Mono, but it may have been after I installed Chasm if that would make a difference. All I have in that folder is chasm-icons.icns, config.ini, and Content folder.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:32 am

hawkeye wrote:I installed Mono, but it may have been after I installed Chasm if that would make a difference. All I have in that folder is chasm-icons.icns, config.ini, and Content folder.
OK, I apologize for the trouble. Do you have an Intel mac btw? Also, I believe OS X 10.5 at least is required. Have you tried downloading 1.05? It's up on the Kickstarter now. In the meantime, I will check out if the crashlogs are getting generated properly on mac.

hawkeye
Supporter
Supporter

Post by hawkeye » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:14 pm

discordgames wrote:
hawkeye wrote:I installed Mono, but it may have been after I installed Chasm if that would make a difference. All I have in that folder is chasm-icons.icns, config.ini, and Content folder.
OK, I apologize for the trouble. Do you have an Intel mac btw? Also, I believe OS X 10.5 at least is required. Have you tried downloading 1.05? It's up on the Kickstarter now. In the meantime, I will check out if the crashlogs are getting generated properly on mac.
No problem, I was just trying to send bug reports for 1.04. I have an Intel mac, OS X 10.6. I'll see if it's in the new update.