Chasm Mac installation.

Help and problem reporting for the game.
mediamartin

Chasm Mac installation.

Post by mediamartin » Tue May 14, 2013 4:54 am

When trying to play the Chasm demo on my mac I get a message saying I have to install Mono Framework first. My problem is that I can't do this without the administrator password and as this is a school computer I'm not allowed to know the admin password before I'm finished this summer.

We're allowed to play games and such, but we can't run programs that require installation.

Q: Will the full game require installation of Mono Framework or other additional programs?

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Chasm Mac installation.

Post by James » Tue May 14, 2013 12:46 pm

Yea, there will probably be an actual installer for the final game that will take care of the details for you. There may be some way to get Mono Framework on there without using an installer, but I'm not sure off the top of my head. I'll take a look when I get a chance.

mediamartin

Re: Chasm Mac installation.

Post by mediamartin » Wed May 15, 2013 7:05 am

Thanks for replying. It's not going to be a big problem for me as I'm soon to be done with school, but I was just thinking about all the people who don't have the administration password to their mac and is used to just starting their apps as soon as they're downloaded.

But anyways, the game looks fantastic and I can't wait to play it. Keep up the good work!