Gaming News!

For any off-topic discussions
flamedance58

Gaming News!

Post by flamedance58 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Gonna make this thread where we can talk about the latest in gaming news...

So without further waiting let's start 'er off with:

The Next XBox and it's controversial features!

http://kotaku.com/5982986/we-know-all-a ... ve-got-one

Apparently it'll require all the time internet, won't allow 2nd hand games,etc.

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Gaming News!

Post by poe » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:27 pm

Not really a console gamer, the always online DRM would annoy me though. Steam doesn't allow second hand games either and I don't really have an issue with that, it does at least have offline mode though(no matter how annoying it is to get working).

There's also the fact that a lot of gaming is played online now, people like co-op, versus, whatever. I wonder what percent of people never connect their consoles online and don't play games online.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm sure there's a lot of people now not paying for Xbox Live Gold. But, I know a few people that have PS3s and never play online games either. I think there's a big distinction between people who play online games and those who don't. If it's competitive it takes a lot of practice and dedication to get good. Plus griefers just make you want to go back to AI sometimes :D

flamedance58

Post by flamedance58 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Thing I have with online play half the time is those are the people who can sit there 8+ hrs everyday.
And you usually get your arse handed to you all the time.

As a person who plays casual/daily makes this very distasteful and usually just play Singleplayer, Vs. AI, or Co-Op.

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Very true, of course an exception is when a game gets massively popular. Always liked how in TF2 I could find servers of different skill levels easily.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:08 pm

A few people have asked for multiplayer in Chasm, but I don't think I'm going to attempt it. I already know how much extra work and testing time that would add after doing Take Arms. I see it as primarily a single player experience anyway, I want you to feel alone and desperate when you get way deep down ;)

HowlingLotus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HowlingLotus » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 am

discordgames wrote:A few people have asked for multiplayer in Chasm, but I don't think I'm going to attempt it. I already know how much extra work and testing time that would add after doing Take Arms. I see it as primarily a single player experience anyway, I want you to feel alone and desperate when you get way deep down ;)
Which is how these games should be in my opinion. I know many gamers want multiplayer slapped onto everything, but it's hurting genres in some ways. Sad that singleplayer games, especially RPG's and their variants, are in decline. Can't wait to play more Chasm though as it reminds me of the DS Castlevania games and I've played them over countless times :).

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Multiplayer is perfect if it's coop, and having versus alongside that is good too.

Dan

Post by Dan » Fri May 03, 2013 3:53 pm

It seems that a team hacked the WiiU and some other team started to release pirated game dumps. :|
I just hope that this doesn't mean that developers and publishers refuse to support the WiiU. I really want it to succeed and not have tons of abysmal shovelware... :roll:
(By the way, I don't know if these things are directly related or not. I'm just expressing my thoughts.)