Favorite NES game

For any off-topic discussions
Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Favorite NES game

Post by Nemomon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:33 am

A lot.

1. Advnture Island 4 (Adventure Island 3 was good as well)
2. Ninja Cat (Kyatto Ninden Teyandee)
3. Magician (f* word hard game)
4. The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy (next one..)
5. Goal 3 (sometimes known as Hero Soccer)
6. Battle Toads and Double Dragons (the other Battletoads game was great too)
7. Iron Tank (looks like among my friends only I liked it)
8. Duck Tales (both)
9. Felix the Cat (not a bad game too)
10. Monster in my Pocket (funny horror)
11. Big Noose the Caveman
12. G.I. Joe (the first with Captain Hawk as a character of the last stage, never liked the sequel much..)
13. Super C (second Contra, especially with two hidden weapons (one of them was bugged, and player would stuck on lvl 7 with it unable to continue the game))
14. James Bond Junior (great puzzles and gameplay)
15. Chip and Dale 2 (generally both were good but sequel had that something)
16. Jumpin' Kid Jack
17. Solomon's Key (great puzzle game)
18. Digger the Rock (next game with Uber gamplay )
19. Battle Tank (F vesion with swastika as an ability to ride over water)
20. Little Nemo ^______^
21. The Addams Family (almost same hard as Dizzy games)
22. The Astyanax (slow but hard game (because hero is slow..))
23. Rush'n Attack (!! :D) (known as Green Beret (officially) and Russian Attack (by everybody else))
24. Darkman (not a tragic movie, and funny game)
25. The Flintstones (both of them, and while the first was hard, the second had a good gameplay)
26. The Jetsons (good gameplay and humour)
27. Viper (nice shooter)
28. Gremlins 2 (funny game and great OST but short >_>)
29. Bart Simpsons vs. Space Mutants (played only this one among the "Simpson series" and it was very good)

====
Lunais wrote:Little Nemo: The Dream Master

:D
I <333 You too! :*

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:28 am

I was thinking and thinking, and I also likved very much these games:

Zen the Intergalactic Ninja
Esper Dream 2
New Ghostbusters II
Mighty Final Fight
The Goonies
Darwing Duck
GUN-DEC
Banana Prince
Jurassic Park
Eliminator Boat Duel
Panic Restaurant (Japanese version, the censors made the English versions an unplayable game)
Yo! Noid
Little Samson
Micro Machines

inclining
Supporter
Supporter

Post by inclining » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:45 pm

TobiasAmaranth wrote:RC Pro AM [...]
Oh man, I forgot about that game. I never owned it, but I used to play it at friends' houses, it was so much fun!
Visit Chasm on Reddit! http://www.reddit.com/r/chasm/

dasefx
Supporter
Supporter

Post by dasefx » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:39 pm

@Nemomon, did you actually play Little Samson back in the day?? I only discovered it quite recently and it's pretty amazing ... also costs a pretty penny too.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Damn, I've never heard of it somehow. Will have to check it out.

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:05 pm

dasefx wrote:@Nemomon, did you actually play Little Samson back in the day?? I only discovered it quite recently and it's pretty amazing ... also costs a pretty penny too.
Nope. I owned (or still own) all the games I mentioned above except for the Esper Dream 2 and Little Samson. That two games I played only on emulator, but both are pretty amazing indeed. I also owned the Japanese version of the Panic Restaurant (My version is called "Cook House"), and years later I tried the English version of it on emulator.... and 3 minutes later I decided that I don't really want to play it anymore.
James wrote:Damn, I've never heard of it somehow. Will have to check it out.
Check it, check it, maybe You will take something from it and add to the Chasm (like multiple playable characters) :D.

dasefx
Supporter
Supporter

Post by dasefx » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:36 pm

Guys, check out how much Little Samson is going for on ebay ... staggering. My bro is a crazy NES collector and bought this a couple of years ago. Keep in mind it's like doubled in price since then and he got just the game (no box = much cheaper).

Honestly, an emulator just won't do it justice. If you can get your hands on this somehow, definitely do it. As far as NES goes, they really pushed the limits. My only gripe, maybe a little too easy.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:25 am

Just played through the first part as the 4 different characters on emulator, and daaamn. Great controls and graphics, really impressive. Looked like a mix between Ghouls n Ghosts and Mega Man with the path to the end :D

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:40 am

Indeed, the cheapest one I found was $750+. Normally it is around $1000. Crazy... But the game is worth that. It really feels like it would be at least from SNES.

Mentioning about funny games, I would like to mention about "Magician". I used to write 30 pages long guide what each chest contains, how much %s the spell shields give, or all the spells I found, or where to rank up the main hero. Interesting fact about the Magician game is that it features a saving system and save slots! One were able to save 15 times during the entire game, but had 4 save slots and was able to load a game at any time. Pretty amazing, because I don't recall any other game that allowed saving. Plus, this game was like a classic RPG - You had XP points, food & water attributes, many spells divided into multiple element classes and many other things. The hard part of it was that one had to do everything, or almost everything in each area to ultimately win the game. For example if in the first stage one didn't do X, he won't be able to do Y in the stage four and therefore progress the game. Thankfuly the save slots allow to rewind to previous areas... but they're helpful only if player knows what he did wrong ;).

elektriccobra
Supporter
Supporter

Post by elektriccobra » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Metroid. but given we are all here because of that game or the predecessors ill have to go with C2 Simon's Quest.
no.. make that 3 Dracula's Curse. -at lease that should win for music!

then again, in 4th grade i got the nintendo power featuring megaman 2. i fell in love.

nevermind, im goin with Metroid.