My Suggestions

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
flamedance58

My Suggestions

Post by flamedance58 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:27 pm

a. Uses of Potions

-Quest Use:

The blacksmith has a cold but needs to be able to make some swords for the militia so you have to find/buy/make him a Anti-Fire Potion to boost his resistance to the heat while he’s sick so he can bang out the few swords!

-Access of Area Use:

The dragon turtle would love to help you get over to the Molten Cave but it can’t handle the heat of the magma flow. Get him a potion made by the Fire Elementals to make him immune to the lava and let transport you over the magma.

The ranger could help you get the last ingrediant for the cure of the Priestess who’s been petrified by the Gorgon but he can’t last long in the Poison Mushroom Fields long enough to get the Sparkling Mushroom Cap. Find him an Anti-Poison potion so he can help you out!

-Combat Use:

Throw the Molotov at enemies to cause an area of effect fire damage and even light some enemies on fire!

Use the Freezing Drops to freeze the water and force the fishmen to fight you on land and deny them from escaping into the waters.

b. Death (Normal Mode)

-Resurrect at Town OR Last Savepoint

Some might want to start up at the town so they can sell, re-equip,etc. While others might have just started their run and want to start back up at the last Savepoint which might be at the town they had just left from, or perhaps the cave with the pool in it which is quite deep into the caves. I’m thinking that if you’re 5 floors down and you die then running all the way back might be a pain, though if monsters re-spawn it might be good for training purposes.

-Gold Loss on Death?

If you go this path have it a % of your current gold. Some games have it at a set X amount but I find that can be pretty harsh if you just start off and die and if you always lose lets say 500gp then you practically lost everything. This is very detrimental especially if the game really needs you to buy that sword in town to survive at all.

</That’s all I got so far>