Level Up

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Ianuarius

Re: Level Up

Post by Ianuarius » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:01 am

Well the "Level Up" animation in SotN is more of an annoyance than anything. I've never once watched what stats I have. Only that I do max damage and that's it. Doing just fine so far. If the stats don't matter, then why would you have them there? You wanted to stay out of menus. Well how do you see your stats? You guessed right.

The developers of FireFall had levels in their game originally. Then when they saw that the levels didn't add ANYTHING to the game, they just removed them. Good riddence.

I want to assign points and I love that Diablo/Fallout type of level up. In SotN it just pisses you off because it reminds you of games that do it A LOT better. So if you're stubbornly clinging to a system that nobody knew what to do with in the first place, then it is gonna suck.

Leveling up and having stats isn't pointless. Like I already said in the previous post (which you blissfully ignored) games like Diablo and Fallout do it well. I have never played Final Fantas or Dragon Quest games but if they do it as poorly as all the Castlevania games, then yes, it is pointless.