weapons

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
alef321
Supporter
Supporter

weapons

Post by alef321 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:13 am

do you guys have a certain list of weapon types already done like
:arrow: sword
:arrow: knifes.. etc ?

I am replaying Castlevania Aria of sorrow and theres a weapon called Balmung...ohmygosh its amazing
it actually warps in front of your hand them it blinks away in a bright light
it actually warps in front of your hand them it blinks away in a bright light
balmung.PNG (16.21 KiB) Viewed 8459 times

James
Developer
Developer

Re: weapons

Post by James » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:56 am

No, there's no final list yet. We'll be doing design sessions for the final game content shortly after Kickstarter completes. Please feel free to leave any ideas and we'll check them out in a couple weeks!

alef321
Supporter
Supporter

Post by alef321 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:02 am

how about many kinds of fighting gloves/ that gives you effects like fire/ice/thunder/etc
how about many kinds of fighting gloves/ that gives you effects like fire/ice/thunder/etc
poinsonfist.PNG (13.1 KiB) Viewed 8453 times
this is one of the strongest sword on the game, and its unique being the only HUGE sword that actually doesn't lower your atack speed
this is one of the strongest sword on the game, and its unique being the only HUGE sword that actually doesn't lower your atack speed
claim solais.PNG (14.29 KiB) Viewed 8453 times
whipword or whatever you guys wanna create ( yo yo blades, magical extending poles, glaives, dual katar,
whipword or whatever you guys wanna create ( yo yo blades, magical extending poles, glaives, dual katar,
whipsword.PNG (13.17 KiB) Viewed 8453 times
just giving some inspirations for YOUR unique weapons :idea:

I have only 1 request, the crazier the better, knifes,swords and other normal equipment works but after hours put in the game i wont stand them :?

alef321
Supporter
Supporter

Post by alef321 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:17 am

Excalibur still impaled on the stone lol
Excalibur still impaled on the stone lol
Excalibur.PNG (25.77 KiB) Viewed 8453 times

alef321
Supporter
Supporter

Post by alef321 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:38 am

Makes your punch goes so fast that it can deal massive damage...
Makes your punch goes so fast that it can deal massive damage...
kaiser knuckle.PNG (13.52 KiB) Viewed 8453 times
:cry: btw if this is too much spaming just tell me

HowlingLotus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HowlingLotus » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Ranged weapons would be neat such as bows and crossbows.

Scythes. Cut some fools up >:]. If not the two-handed variety - then possible the smaller single hand ones. (name escapes me)

Polearms. Would be interesting if it had an impale effect to attack multiple enemies. Could double as a throwing spear if weapons get secondary uses.

TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Ranged weapons would be nice.

Status effects added to certain weapon types.

Daggers need something more, a doubled/tripled chance for a critical hit, inherent poison effects, something. I only use them when I can't find a sword.

A chakram or other such weapon that flies in a slow-attack-speed orbit around the player when attacking.

I agree on scythes as an overhead swing type weapon.

I also think there should be a 'weapon swap' key. Two different arrangements of weapons.

And as of the GDC demo, I am not yet impressed with magic as a whole. I would love to actually boost the attack strength of Book of Blades, for example, but since I can't, I just spam Book of Healing.

kevinski
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kevinski » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:44 pm

HowlingLotus wrote:Scythes. Cut some fools up >:]. If not the two-handed variety - then possible the smaller single hand ones. (name escapes me)
The small ones are called sickles.

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:23 pm

A scythe ;).

Ranged weapons could be nice, as of now only that book of blades is a ranged weapon. And it doesn't seem to be a best ever weapon (though helps a lot against the bats).

I think main weapons should not be limited only to daggers and swords. There should be different weapons, and most importantly they all should have different attack patterns. For example, I dislike very much how the daggers are attacking, and I've used only the rusted sword. Because I liked its attack pattern.

tl;dr Weapons should attack differently, or they will be different only by their names and attributes boost. Which won't be nice.

perrydave

Post by perrydave » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:22 pm

In your own opinion what would be the best weapon to used in attacking enemies and in which could make a possible more damage and would make the player satisfied.