Arcade Magic Weapons

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Arcade Magic Weapons

Post by DarkLordSen » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:16 pm

Okay so lately I've been practicing Arcade mode and have been constantly running into Magic Weapon issues. Since 1.04 it's been a hell of a lot better and much easier to deal with. With all that said, while playing Castlevania Dracula X I had something very similar to the "wall lock glitch" happen to me and then it dawned on me.

iframes.

https://clips.twitch.tv/InnocentPlayful ... ontent=url

They attach iframes to the sub weapons when exchanged so you don't accidentally pick them up right away again. This ultimately prevents weapons from being glitched in walls and falling off ledges. In the example above I happen to hit the timing perfectly to screw the system up but typically this type of thing can't happen in Rondo or X. And while I could care less if the weapon fades away over time, the iframes upon the weapon swapping is major quality of life improvement. I know I'm a pain in the ass with all my suggestions, but please consider adapting the magic weapons to have iframes upon dropping and swapping.

I'm thinking 3 seconds of iframes when the new sub weapon drops and about 3 seconds of iframes when you swap weapons. This should prevent any and all mishaps from occurring. It was also suggested that the player could use UP on the D-pad while standing over the new sub weapon to swap them out, but I personally prefer the flashing white iframe effect from Castlevania and think it would look incredible in Chasm and work really well. Just an idea. Cheers!

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Arcade Magic Weapons

Post by James » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Great suggestion, that shouldn't be too hard to add. Looking at that, I think the biggest difference by far with Rondo is the reach of the whip. It makes it very easy to break the lantern and keep your distance even when moving forward. I will have to look at Symphony again now and see if they tweaked it any differently since the weapons have much shorter range.

DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Arcade Magic Weapons

Post by DarkLordSen » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Dude thank you and hell yeah! My body is ready! :lol: But you know, you're absolutely right I didn't even think about the whip length while moving. That plays a pretty important roll and makes it much easier not to screw up. Now I just wanna do whip only runs hahaha but alas I'm a sucker for swords, spears, and cool looking rods. I'll try to adapt my play style a bit and get more practice in. Practice makes perfect bby! 8-)