Class System Beta Results

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Class System Beta Results

Post by DarkLordSen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Current Results Suggestions:

Warrior - Perfect atm
Mage - Base Melee dmg increased from 1 to 4 (Magic Knife + Short Sword = 11 dmg now) perfect for two shotting bats and knife trolls.
Thief - Base Melee dmg increased from 4 to 6, Base Magic Knife dmg increased from 3 to 5

Okay so first things first, I love this mode. Super fun and unique. That being said, after several runs (mortal nightmare) I found that the Thief class is fairly lackluster in comparison to the Warrior and Mage classes.

Warrior is just a beast, pretty much ripping through anything in the way. MP is very limited but once you break through that barrier you become a God.
Mage is very much the same way with STR and Melee. Break the barrier and you win the game. (Keep in mind I have yet to actually beat the game w/ the class system in play at this difficulty) Warrior is in the lead with about 50% complete. Mage is around 25-30% and Thief... well about 10%.

Thief, while being amazing with crits via backstabs, seems too heavily dependent on that mechanic. The major problem is there is no stealth mechanic to support this. What I mean by that is when you attack an enemy, as it stands, they aggro and never leave there back open again. So you only ever get one backstab if you're lucky. This also ends up being very risky. More HP/MP might help with this? 50/40 Perhaps? Magic backstabs might be really fun and break the game, but I haven't made it that far yet.

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Class System Beta Results

Post by James » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Yea, Thief may be a little too nerfed at the moment. You pretty much have to use knives because of the handicapping on larger melee weapons, which means getting uncomfortably close. I'll take another look at it soon.