Artifact Order / Flood Chasm

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Artifact Order / Flood Chasm

Post by DarkLordSen » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:43 pm

While I love everything that has been fine tuned and added with the recent patches it left me wondering one very important thing.

Where is all the water? I love being able to dive and do cool stuff but there isn't much room to do that atm in Chasm due to the diving gear only having a couple major uses.

Would it be possible to add more water room puzzles? (Flood the world lol)I don't mind going back to make use of it, since that's what we are currently doing. I just feel like for such a wonderful idea the mechanic isn't getting the light of day it deserves. Which brings me to my next question.

Could the order of the artifacts be randomized? I understand they go in a very specific order, but holy hell would it be dope if you could play with that and make each run truly random. The RNG, art, music, and controls are keeping me locked into Chasm tight but a truly random run would be so awesome.

Thanks again for all the updates.
Good stuff.

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Artifact Order / Flood Chasm

Post by James » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:34 pm

I'm going to be adding some more rooms coming up, and agree that some more water rooms are definitely needed. I was thinking of doing a couple in other areas as well, and possibly adding some water hazards.

Powerup randomization could be cool, but a couple of them would be tricky since Ledge Grab is very necessary for catacombs and Gardens, and likewise with Walljump in Keep and Temple. I will give it some thought though!

Batstabber
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Batstabber » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:48 am

James wrote:...adding some water hazards.
Perhaps a leisurely patrolling puffer fish?
"It was a mistake... We should've never opened those tunnels!
The mountain is rife with ruins and the vengeful history that dwells within them!"

- Pilus "Bogbrain" Boggs

DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DarkLordSen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:02 pm

James wrote:I'm going to be adding some more rooms coming up, and agree that some more water rooms are definitely needed. I was thinking of doing a couple in other areas as well, and possibly adding some water hazards.
:o Yes please!!!! Thank you!!!!