Aiming up and down.

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Gearfried
Supporter
Supporter

Aiming up and down.

Post by Gearfried » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:15 pm

I love the demo of Chasm so far. Instantly backed it on Kickstarter once I played it. My only real gripe about the game so far is the lack of aiming with the throwing knives spell.

So my question is this: Will a method be added into the game that will let us aim ranged attacks? The bats are annoying as hell to me at the moment as they tend to move with me as I jump towards them, making hitting them with my sword rather hard, and throwing daggers at them is near impossible as the spell only moves horizontally.

I'm not sure what the intended control system is, keyboard or controller. Controller would obviously make it very easy to aim. Keyboard would probably either need mouse support or a couple of dedicated buttons to aim up and down, ala some of the Metroid games.

Obviously, I'm no game designer so have no idea of the limitations you may be facing. Just curious.

kevinski
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Aiming up and down.

Post by kevinski » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:06 pm

I'd prefer that the controls remain as simple as possible. If aiming *is* added to projectile attacks, then I'd prefer that it be in the form of a small amount of auto-aim being applied to said projectile attacks according to an accuracy stat or something like that.

TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:55 pm

I think that it should remain as it is. Different spells for different aiming/uses and as mentioned above, a potential for (weak) homing spells. Aiming with restricted range is sort of part of this type of game.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 am

I was close to making the Book of Blades mutli-directional (up and down), but stopped when I realized it really lessened having to think about how to approach enemies. We definitely want you to have to stop and think before jumping into a fight ;)