Duplicate drops

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Batstabber
Supporter
Supporter

Duplicate drops

Post by Batstabber » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:05 am

Let me tell you, I was quite disappointed to find out the Shamblers' rare drop to be just another Mithril Armour, which is much earlier and easier to obtain from Temple Guards, and especially so when it then turned up again inside the only chest in the area that didn't contain an HP+ elixir. Could this drop be changed to something unique? How about having Shamblers drop the Red Armour from Quake, the game this enemy was obviously inspired by? It could be the best "defensive" piece of armour in the game, at +20 DEF; or maybe double the player's current base DEF (both a nod to the 200% armour it usually gives).

On a related note, the Ice Gloops and Ghost Workers share a drop as well, the Leather Belt. Not that a sentient ball of gloop dropping a belt would make any less sense than some of the other drops in the game, but I do remember this drop being different in earlier versions...
"It was a mistake... We should've never opened those tunnels!
The mountain is rife with ruins and the vengeful history that dwells within them!"

- Pilus "Bogbrain" Boggs

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Duplicate drops

Post by James » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:13 am

Yea, I ran out of items so I reused a couple haha. The Shambler has lower drop rate than the guard, but I guess he's probably tougher to fight so it evens out. I like the Quake armor idea, will give it some thought!

Batstabber
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Batstabber » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:31 am

That makes it even worse, having to fight a tougher enemy with lower drop rates just to get something that you probably already have by that time...

Checking the wiki, I've noticed a few items that I haven't come across yet, neither in chests or as drops. Are those even in the game, or just incredibly rare?
"It was a mistake... We should've never opened those tunnels!
The mountain is rife with ruins and the vengeful history that dwells within them!"

- Pilus "Bogbrain" Boggs

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:18 pm

Sorry, meant higher haha.

There's a couple items I noticed only show in random chests, one being the Morningstar.