Poison underused?

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Batstabber
Supporter
Supporter

Poison underused?

Post by Batstabber » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:19 am

I find the poison status effect sorely underused over the course of the game, at least on the harder difficult levels.
Are there really only two enemies with an attack than can actually poison the player (Mummies' breath and the Flying Fungi's spore clouds)?
Maybe some of the other enemies could be given at least a small chance of poisoning with their regular attacks, for example, the green Gloops
and Gelatinous Cubes. As it stands, there really isn't any incentive to buy Antidotes, especially now that Save Rooms correctly cure poison.

Also, where's the non-backer exlusive poisonous weapons?
"It was a mistake... We should've never opened those tunnels!
The mountain is rife with ruins and the vengeful history that dwells within them!"

- Pilus "Bogbrain" Boggs

Lailoken
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Poison underused?

Post by Lailoken » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:43 am

Seems like it might make for a good spell too

DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DarkLordSen » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Agreed, I never really get poisoned and even if I do it never hinders a run so much that it causes death. Perhaps adding poison to a few enemy attacks like those green gloops the nymph plants would spice things up a bit? Also the Vipera Blade's poison effect is lack luster at best. 5 dmg every 10 seconds? My canary can kill things faster than that lol. I feel like for the duration that poison effects the player we deserve a poison attack buff for Vipera Blade. Maybe 5 dmg every 3 seconds for 15 seconds total? It would make using that sword, even at the cost of more atk, much more worth it imo.

Antidote and Warp Spells would be cool, but could be potions as well. Warp scrolls cost too much.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:11 pm

Poisoning for enemies also severely diminishes their attack rating ;)

Yea, maybe Warp Scrolls are too expensive. It was something we added very close to launch and didn't have much time to test with, and I wasn't sure how much stuff it would break being able to exit the dungeons at any time.

Batstabber
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Batstabber » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:46 am

That's all fine and dandy, but is the Vipera Blade really the only weapon in the game with the ability to poison enemies?
Also, did the ice weapon with a chance to freeze ever make the cut? And how do you feel about adding a Curse affliction,
draining MP and decreasing damage for spells severely while it's in effect?
The mountain is rife with ruins and the vengeful history that dwells within them!"

- Pilus "Bogbrain" Boggs

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:20 pm

We are talking about adding Curse status in a future update, so we'll be looking into that. No ice weapons at the moment, but also a possibility!

Batstabber
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Batstabber » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:04 am

Good to hear, thanks for considering it. If there's poison, there must be curse, it's a 'vania law.

- Pilus "Bogbrain" Boggs