Some feedback and suggestions

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
bendthesky

Some feedback and suggestions

Post by bendthesky » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi, I'm Ash. I just picked up Chasm, and I really enjoy it so far! Here are some things I would suggest that would enhance the game, in my opinion:

- Shop menus give you a list of items. When you want to buy one, you select it from the list and it takes you to menu that shows the item's stats and description. It would be nice if we could shop by moving through the description windows, or alternatively splitting the shop menu; having the list and the description windows side by side.

- You can attack and continue moving while pushing carts. Is this intended behavior?

- When you examine an area that you must place an item to move forward, like the Black Feather, the description window in the bottom right corner can be stacked if the UP button is spammed. Pretty arbitrary, but it starts looking strange if you keep pressing it, I got that window to appear outside of the viewport after enough presses!

- Bestiary in other games are really only fun to look through because the descriptions are fun to read. Adding some descriptions to the bestiary entries would make that area shine.

- I think it would be really cool to be able to turn the artifacts ON or OFF. This way if there is a hard room where you know you won't need one of the artifacts, you could just turn it off momentarily for tighter controls.

- Being able to map buttons (on PS4) would be very helpful. I like my backdash on a shoulder button.

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Some feedback and suggestions

Post by James » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Hey Ash, lots of great feedback there, thanks so much! Several of those things are already on our list to fix like the remapping, turning artifacts on/off, etc. I hadn't heard about the attack while pushing bug, will try that out!

Lailoken
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Lailoken » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:09 pm

Heh I noticed the attack while pushing bug too but didn't report it because it gives me something to do while pushing things around

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Already fixed :P

bendthesky

Post by bendthesky » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:18 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback, James.

There was one more thing I noticed recently:

I found the Diving Mask in a chest, and when I did so, the item description dialogue came up first and paused the character's animation to the point where he is digging in the chest. After you close the dialogue, the character's animation continues and he pulls the diving mask out of the chest. Somewhat arbitrary, but to me it makes sense to have the dialogue pop up at the same time the Mask is visible on the screen.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Cool, I'll take a look at that!