Controller Button Mapping Fix

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Controller Button Mapping Fix

Post by DarkLordSen » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:59 pm

My L1 button cycles to the previous magic item. My R1 button is map? My share button is map? Why is my R1 button not "next magic item" if my L1 is "previous magic item"?

I know you're hard at work with bugs and new additions like controller button mapping, but is there any way I can do this myself? I need a way to remap my PS4 controller to the way I'd like it. Just point me to the file and I'll make the changes.

My R1 button by default is the same button mapped to "Share" which is the map. Pretty sure it's not supposed to be the "Map" button but Magic Item Next. So please help me out here before I go insane. I just want to be able to swap back and forth with my magic item. I don't need two map buttons. I'd also love to be able to map inputs to the RT and LT buttons.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!
In the meantime I'm going to reboot. Do a full reinstall and hope that it fixes itself.

Thanks

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Controller Button Mapping Fix

Post by James » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:26 pm

If you switch to PS4 glyphs it puts it into PS4 mode so to speak where the share button is not usable. You can try switching to Xbox buttons and see if that works as you'd like. We'll look into fixing that in an upcoming patch.

DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Controller Button Mapping Fix

Post by DarkLordSen » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:06 pm

James! I fixed it! Dude it's just like you said. So if I swap the button layout to shapes it's PS4 mode which changes R1 to Share or Guide? Not sure but its whatever is set to the map button. Basically the xinput mapper (ds4 tool) does not work if you're in this mode. However, if I change the button layout to "Letters" my R1 button is Magic Item Next!

So all you need to do is change the PS4 R1 input to do the same as the XBOX controller inputs and we're golden! I'll let everyone know to keep the icons as letters for now until the shapes fix is out.

Thanks!