Icons or notes for map markers

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Darxim

Icons or notes for map markers

Post by Darxim » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:44 pm

While I like that I can set as many map markers as I want, they're just white dots. I don't remember too much about what they indicate, other than I'm only using them to mark places where I need something I don't have for something. It would be good if I could attach notes to the map markers, or even better, icons. Like, a slide icon, or a shovel icon, or a jumping icon. Something to give an indication of why I marked that spot. Even if I could just have different colors for the dot, that would be helpful (I can write down what the different colors mean). This would prevent a lot of disappointing backtracking.

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Icons or notes for map markers

Post by James » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:26 pm

Sorry for the frustration! Due to the low resolution nature it may not be possible to add icons, but we are thinking about making it so you can cycle the color of the dots for your own categorization system (red ones are for slide for instance). Thanks for the feedback!

DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DarkLordSen » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:48 pm

James wrote:Sorry for the frustration! Due to the low resolution nature it may not be possible to add icons, but we are thinking about making it so you can cycle the color of the dots for your own categorization system (red ones are for slide for instance). Thanks for the feedback!
Color dots would be quite useful indeed. Also, and I know this may be a bit much, but the ability to select a room you're not currently in to mark or remove a marker. That would be incredible imo.

Lailoken
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Lailoken » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:03 am

Seconded. As-is I don't find the map markers useful yet.