Dialogue

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Ianuarius

Dialogue

Post by Ianuarius » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:49 am

I love the fact that the game has dialogue, but it's kinda heavy dropping a lot of text on the player at once. I like to compare games to comic books when it comes to dialogue. I like the text in bite size portions because if every box in the comic is filled with text (like Death Note) I get really tired really quickly. So, if there's even one word in the dialogue, that isn't necessary, I would cut it out of there. I'm sure a lot of people like a ton of text, but I like action and with games there are so many other ways to deliver your narrative other than text.

Oh, the fact that I'm even bringing up broad concepts like this is because everything else in the game is just spot on. There no room to nitpick at all. You can concentrate on the bigger picture like making the game flow really smoothly. That's where designing the dialogue comes very important. 8-)

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Dialogue

Post by poe » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 am

I agree, I'm not a fan on dialogue in games, but the intro isn't too bad. I think part of the issue is there's no saves yet so you have to go through it each time.

Cheetah
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cheetah » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:14 pm

Skip the intro:

1) Open "config.ini" in a text editor.
2) Change "SkipIntro=0" to "SkipIntro=1"

Also, changing "BossEnabled=1" to "BossEnabled=0" makes it so you can get past the second floor and play for much longer.

gruevy
Supporter
Supporter

Post by gruevy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:48 am

What? Really? You can fight that boss?

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:18 pm

No you can't fight him, but you can get the game to not end there.