Unnecessary backtracking due to lack of 3rd floor elevator

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
BlacRyu
Supporter
Supporter

Unnecessary backtracking due to lack of 3rd floor elevator

Post by BlacRyu » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:55 pm

Currently there is no way to ascend back up the mines from the bottom floor when you re-visit it.

This caused me to have to double-backtrack through the entire third floor of the mines. After having unlocked the slide-dash artifact, I came into the mines through the Catacombs and walked all the way to the left side of the bottom floor, only to find that there was no elevator to take me back up to the 2nd floor. There was also no fast-travel cave on the third floor, so my only option was to walk all the way back through dozens of screens to get back into the catacombs and use a fast-travel cave from there to get back into the mines on a higher floor.

video: https://streamable.com/0zorx

EDIT: Nevermind about it being stuck at the top, I guess there is no elevator at all. Now that I think about it I seem to remember it may have shattered on the way down. Regardless, it would be nice if there could be either a fast-travel cave somewhere on the third floor of the Mines or some other way to ascend the elevator shaft without needing to return to the Catacombs. Perhaps the shaft could be made climbable using the ledge-grab artifact, or the blacksmith could go repair it for you after you save him.
Last edited by BlacRyu on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lailoken
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Unnecessary backtracking due to no elevator call button

Post by Lailoken » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:00 pm

personally I only ride the elevators if I really have to, as running around killing things is way more fun than standing on a slow elevator.

I've never actually done it but you do get the ability to go up that elevator shaft later in the game.