Contoller Issues / Equipment Sort?

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Contoller Issues / Equipment Sort?

Post by DarkLordSen » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:41 am

So I noticed that my DS4 tool does not override the games built in controller code. I tried to remap my controller as my keyboard to enable macros so I can back dash and attack at the same time like I can by pressing the buttons at the correct time but it doesn't work.

Seem like no matter what I do the game has my controller mapped to preset controls that I can't change or edit. Is there something that can be done about this? Also I noticed that my ps4 controller in general does not feel as fast or responsive when I attack like the game does in the beta build. .05 I believe.

I feel like this could be a huge problem at launch and needs to be addressed now if possible.

On another note I noticed there is no sort option for inventory or equipment? Is this going to be a feature later added or am I stuck like this? lol

Thanks in advance! Having a blast so far!

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Contoller Issues / Equipment Sort?

Post by James » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:01 pm

There should be an option at the bottom of the controls page to disable your gamepad if you want to use a keymapper. I've added inventory sorting to our todo list. Thanks!

DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DarkLordSen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:32 pm

Hey James, thanks for the fast reply!

No worries about the item sort feature. It's cool to know it going to be a thing! As for the disable controller option... The thing is if you turn this function on, DS4 tool no longer works. With or without the buttons remapped as keyboard keys. Is there a way to shut off the contoler detection? That seems to be the major issue. The game automatically loads the controller and auto maps the controls.

Will there be any future updates for controller mapping? I'd love to be able to use DS4 tool without the game auto mapping my controls.

Thanks again! And sorry for the hassle.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:10 pm

That's strange, the gamepad disable option is supposed to ignore the detection. We had a gamer with disablities contact us about using a keymapper with a custom controller, so we wanted to make sure that worked for people who needed it. I've added it to the list to look into!