Controller button config

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
bmathison
Supporter
Supporter

Controller button config

Post by bmathison » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:29 am

I use an Xbox 360 controller, and when I go to the options and select controls, it only lets me map keyboard buttons. The default controller button mappings aren't bad, but I would like to remap the back-dash button to a bumper or trigger, but there seems to be no way to re-map buttons for controllers at all. I would like to see that added.

DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Controller button config

Post by DarkLordSen » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Use DS4 tool. Make sure in game your buttons are set to "Letters" and not "Shapes" and make a new profile in DS4 tool named "Chasm" edit the mappings to your liking and enjoy. If you need any further help with this PM me and I will show you live on twitch.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:01 am

Sorry for the inconvenience, its on our todo list for a future patch.

Darxim

Post by Darxim » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:00 pm

In the controls options you can Disable Gamepad. Turn that on, and then use Joy2Key or something to remap the buttons on your gamepad to the appropriate keyboard keys. There aren't any analog controls in this game, so there's no drawback to doing it as long as you remember to shut off Joy2Key after quitting Chasm.

DarkLordSen's method probably works, too, but I had problems with DS4 tool crashing my computer (which sucks because it provides some useful functions for other games that Joy2Key doesn't), so I use Joy2Key. I haven't heard of many other people with this problem, so you'll probably be fine doing it either way.