Easy Difficulty Mode

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
skeddles
Supporter
Supporter

Easy Difficulty Mode

Post by skeddles » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:09 pm

I noticed that the game only has normal and hard modes. I love the art and engine of chasm, but I'm not great at video games and just like to play casually, but I'm getting stuck at the first boss. I was tired of playing it over and over trying to beat it.

At this point I don't know how much of the game I'll be able to enjoy because I can only do the same thing over and over again for so long before I get bored and play another game. I doubt I'll ever see the end of the game without it. So it would be much appreciated if there could be an easy mode added so casual players can enjoy the game too.

My suggestion for the easy mode would just be to keep the inventory and stat changes you make upon death, instead of resetting them. Then when you die the only punishment is going back to the save room and having to walk back (which is enough for me). It seems like this would be rather easy to implement.

Hope you add this so I can fully enjoy the game!

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Easy Difficulty Mode

Post by James » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:14 am

Thanks for the feedback skeddles. We're trying our best to balance Normal mode to be friendly to everyone. The earlier builds were especially difficult and at times downright punishing. As of right now there are no plans for an Easy mode, but if its something that people are interested in we can look into it. Given how the game works though, I don't foresee anything changing with saving.