Equipment appearing on character and other customizations

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Cole Grippah

Equipment appearing on character and other customizations

Post by Cole Grippah » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:19 am

I'd just like to say that if this game is going to contain such a large amount of equipment, it would be nice to be able to see the character actually wearing it. It's one thing to equip an incredibly rare piece of armor, and another to actually be able to look at it in use. Also, having some options to personalize the character would be a great improvement to the game.

P.S., A multiplayer option never hurts.

gruevy
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Equipment appearing on character and other customization

Post by gruevy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:02 am

Multiplayer? Nah. I can't imagine where having some other idiot running around would improve this.

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:36 am

Cole Grippah wrote:I'd just like to say that if this game is going to contain such a large amount of equipment, it would be nice to be able to see the character actually wearing it. It's one thing to equip an incredibly rare piece of armor, and another to actually be able to look at it in use. Also, having some options to personalize the character would be a great improvement to the game.
The reason this isn't likely is because everything is hand animated. There's a ton of frames per animation as well. So each piece of armor would need to have tons of frames for it and it would get out of hand.

Tony
Developer
Developer

Post by Tony » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:03 pm

There are hundreds of hand drawn frames for the character alone. But, we are actually planning on having certain things visible on the player. We will have armor tiers visible on the player =]

KevinS

Post by KevinS » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Tony wrote:There are hundreds of hand drawn frames for the character alone. But, we are actually planning on having certain things visible on the player. We will have armor tiers visible on the player =]
That's awesome! I can't imagine how tedious it must be to draw hundreds of hand drawn frames just for the character. :shock:

TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:10 pm

My two suggestions for the character visuals are actually hairstyle options and hue adjustments. I am less interested in equipment changing how the character looks more than being able to make the character 'my own'. If anything, a sense of progression through visual changes when acquiring new special abilities would make more sense (in the grand retro scheme of things, to me at least) than equipped armor showing on the character, given the style. We don't get pants, for example.