Difficulty increasing

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
kazzfire
Supporter
Supporter

Difficulty increasing

Post by kazzfire » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:14 am

was just stumbling around the forums and other places and something came up about how chasm is more like a meteroidvania diablo game which got me to thinking why not have the difficulty system diablo has where you can increase it has you finish it. Could even do what Castlevania dawn of sorrow did and have some items you can only get on those difficulty, (even though for Castlevania it was more of a New game plus) only thing you you might have to do to the player is remove the movement abilities the player unlocks to explore the dungeon that way they cant skip everything

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Difficulty increasing

Post by James » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:24 pm

We actually implemented that already ;) The first time you beat the game you unlock Hard, and then Nightmare. You can also create your character as Mortal, so if you die that's it! You definitely won't keep powerups between games, items though I'm not so sure about yet. Right now you lose everything, but if we add enough items that could be possible..

kazzfire
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Difficulty increasing

Post by kazzfire » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:30 am

cool well the version i have only has the hardcore which is fine but glad with that idea already being used, but for things being carried over maybe do like a point system where you buy your things that carry over and you gain points by preforming well in battle, overall speed and map completion. Might be sort of one of the things where the points always carry over so someone can save them for that one run where they can rush it if they want.