Great game. Weapon info addition

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
vile80r

Great game. Weapon info addition

Post by vile80r » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:30 pm

Love this demo. The only thing I would like to see different is in the weapon information when buying a weapon is the addition of if the weapon is more of a stabbing weapon or slashing weapon. I found myself liking the look and feel of the slashing weapons. This and other types of attributes such as length could become part of the gameplay strategy.

It is like a big long heavy war-hammer will do great damage and has a long reach but, they are slow to swing versus a one handed short sword which is shorter and does less damage but, allows for faster attacks. A player always has a preference but, part of the strategy is, do I abandon my strong weapon that keeps enemies at a safe distance or use this enchanted knife that does twice the damage but, lets enemies come in closer.

Also, and its not easy to say, I'm not a fan of the graphical style. While I love retro video games and boast a massive collection, this style just never looks good on PC monitors or HD televisions. I would prefer vectorial based graphics or just tiles that are created in that style and the game still be tile-based. Now, if you want to fire up another Kickstarter campaign and get this game running on a SNES or SEGA Genesis, I would certainly help back it. It was successfully done with Pier Solar so there is a demand for new games to run on old systems.

Just wanted to add that none of the above makes this game bad. I love it and the things I mentioned are simply just my preferences as a gamer. I mean no offense to the creators or anyone on this forum with their own preferences.

MajorFordson
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Great game. Weapon info addition

Post by MajorFordson » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:23 am

An image of the player sprite performing attacks with the weapon within the weapon browser would be great!