Levelup info box

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
gruevy
Supporter
Supporter

Levelup info box

Post by gruevy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:07 pm

When you level up, you should get something that tells you what improved, either in a box or floating text above your head of some kind

KevinS

Re: Levelup info box

Post by KevinS » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:32 pm

gruevy wrote:When you level up, you should get something that tells you what improved, either in a box or floating text above your head of some kind
It could work, it might end up distracting you to much if you're in the middle of fighting though. :?

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Maybe wait until there's no enemies around the player to show it. I feel it's kinda necessary as well.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:55 pm

poe wrote:Maybe wait until there's no enemies around the player to show it. I feel it's kinda necessary as well.
Maybe a tiny symbol saying "ENTER" could pop up. When you're ready to view it you simply click the ENTER key? :D

Alenonimo
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Alenonimo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:24 pm

There must be a reason why Konami doesn't do that in any Castlevania. Maybe it really does distract too much or maybe the player will get bored if it appears too much.

Not really needed. Maybe you could pause right at the moment that the Level Up message is appearing and the values could flash on the menu screen while they are updating.

alef321
Supporter
Supporter

Post by alef321 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:51 pm

freeze the screen and pop up a huge LEVEL UP! screen :lol:

HowlingLotus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HowlingLotus » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:13 pm

I like how the menu screen looks at the moment when you hit ESC.

Having your stats pop-up on screen can be both distracting and block your view depending on what you're doing. Why not keep it simple and put a +(stat gain) next to each stat on the menu? Or an arrow with the +(stat gain) next to the stats. Either way it would be a safe and simple way to view progress.

TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:06 pm

I like Howling's suggestion as a potential option, but this assumes that level-ups don't always award the same stats each time. (See my discussion elsewhere on Con/Int based level-up gains vs Con/Int influenced HP/MP) When you hit the menu for the first time after leveling, there are +#'s next to the stats showing how much things have improved since you last looked. Maybe put a few second countdown on it before it fades away.