Leveling

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
kazzfire
Supporter
Supporter

Leveling

Post by kazzfire » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:59 pm

Ok, I understand the desire to switch back to a gold and experience system but i can't really agree to just evenly leveling stats or having no control over it and having truly random stats being given out. If i'm to make a suggest i think there should be ether a set of what levels up where its something like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, where your stats increased based on start up but you could change it with different codes or the ability to pick stats as i level maybe just give stat points.
Something that might be more enjoyable is based on your weapon or type of weapon that you used while level factors into which stat goes up. That way your character becomes more of how you play

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Leveling

Post by James » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:57 am

Thanks for the suggestion. We're thinking about maybe making it the same progression for a certain seed everytime. We're using pretty much the same system from Symphony. It's not really designed to be played from a standpoint of different builds, say like Elder Scrolls. The leveling is basically just a more complicated way to make sure your character is staying relatively close with the difficulty of the enemies as you progress through areas. In fact, there's code that gives you extra XP if the enemies are higher level than you, and less if they're lower level in attempt to always scale player to match.

Batstabber
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Leveling

Post by Batstabber » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:07 am

I've had a weird idea of adding some limited form of customization to the level-ups. Each time the player gains a level, he's given a short amount of time (maybe for as long as the "Level Up!" message stays on screen) during which he can press one of the four face buttons, each corresponging to a different stat. Pressing X, for example, would add a point to Strength, while pressing B would add a point to Intelligence. It might prove to be a bit too finicky in practice, though, and maybe require the game to pause briefly for it to work.
"It was a mistake... We should've never opened those tunnels!
The mountain is rife with ruins and the vengeful history that dwells within them!"

- Pilus "Bogbrain" Boggs