Stretch Goal Suggestions

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Evesy
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Stretch Goal Suggestions

Post by Evesy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:01 pm

discordgames wrote:Yea, I should put an explanation on there. Basically familiars will follow you around, and attack enemies for you. They will level as well and get more powerful attacks. Definitely a good extra!
I'm not sure if the Blue Canary is a one off familiar for those pledge tiers, or if it going to be an extra familiar to an existing bunch, but I'd love to see a familiar/pet system much like Torchlight 2, in which you can send your familiar back up to town to sell/buy items.

As for stretch goals, I'd be happy with it simply going towards making the game as polished as can be
and sending me free gifts, of course

Fuzunga

Post by Fuzunga » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:09 pm

Personally, I'd just like to see the game on other platforms, preferably Nintendo platforms. As far as anything else that hasn't been suggested already, I'd have to think about it for a while.

Microphobe

Post by Microphobe » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:18 pm

If these are not already features, I would like to see:

-Character Customization
-Hotseat Multiplayer 2-4 players (castle crashers style; I would love to be able to play this game on the couch with my son)

gjkruijff
Supporter
Supporter

Post by gjkruijff » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Evesy wrote:I'm not sure if the Blue Canary is a one off familiar for those pledge tiers, or if it going to be an extra familiar to an existing bunch, but I'd love to see a familiar/pet system much like Torchlight 2, in which you can send your familiar back up to town to sell/buy items.

As for stretch goals, I'd be happy with it simply going towards making the game as polished as can be
and sending me free gifts, of course
Sending the familiar back up to town would be nice. Already now it's like, do I really want to go up two levels to get back to town or do I just hope to get a better sword? And extra free gifts would be nice too ;) just as long as they're digital (otherwise too much of the money just goes up in smoke).

Another suggestion could be though to add more music? Games like Dungeon Defenders, or Snapshot, have many "scene"- or "situation"-specific pieces of music, which really adds to the atmosphere (and makes for a great OST too ;) I of course don't know what you've planned ... just a suggestion.

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:36 pm

gjkruijff wrote: Another suggestion could be though to add more music? Games like Dungeon Defenders, or Snapshot, have many "scene"- or "situation"-specific pieces of music, which really adds to the atmosphere (and makes for a great OST too ;) I of course don't know what you've planned ... just a suggestion.
There's definitely going to be more music, though I'm not sure how they plan on choosing the songs to play.

Dungeon Defenders and Snapshot are two great games :).

Granja

Post by Granja » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:17 pm

New Game+. Please.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Microphobe wrote: -Hotseat Multiplayer 2-4 players (castle crashers style; I would love to be able to play this game on the couch with my son)
Yeah, I think the dev has said he doesn't really want to do online multiplayer since it was so much work in a previous game. Hotseat Multiplayer would be cool, but wouldn't that be similar to just handing the controller back and forth.

octary

Post by octary » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:35 pm

I would love a choice of a female protagonist for the game.

Oktober
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Oktober » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Seconding "New Game+", if that makes sense, possibly in the context of starting higher difficulty levels with your gear/stats intact.

In fact, yeah, that's my suggestion: multiple difficulty levels of increasing challenge as you progress through the levels.

Oktober
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Oktober » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Also, as a bit of a joke on the "inverted castle" mode in SOTN, can we do a "upside-down mine", where it's a climb up instead of down?