Stretch Goal Suggestions

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Granja

Re: Stretch Goal Suggestions

Post by Granja » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Some kind of character transformations (SOTN style) would be really, really awesome too. But it would have to fit the gameplay needs of the game, so it must be quite hard. But man, turning into a, i don't know, werewolf with that pixel art and having some nice gameplay mechanics would be great.

deathgaze
Supporter
Supporter

Post by deathgaze » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:32 am

2-4 Player Cooperative Multiplayer: PLEEEEEEEEASE???
XBL Indie Games Release: I'd gladly pay for this game again if it saw release on XBLIG.

Gjsk

Post by Gjsk » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:25 am

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Boss Rush Mode as a stretch goal.
Boss Rush Mode was a pretty cool feature in "Aria of Sorrow". I particularly liked how you received better items the faster you cleared it.
Combining specific weapons to get a better tiered weapon might also have some potential to be cool.

Ianuarius

Post by Ianuarius » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:16 am

When I start thinking about what could be made with plain money (not adding dev time) maybe some physical products, like...
  • DVD copy of the game
  • Instruction booklet
  • Artwork prints
  • Soundtrack CD
  • Game guide
  • Collector's Edition
All of those require money to make but not really that much dev time since you can outsource almost all of it. I realize that with more money you can add dev time to the project, but there are a ton of people who just want the game out and working. 8-)

Cheetah
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cheetah » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:42 am

The scope of the game is a little unclear at this point, but here are some thoughts.

1. Arena mode: Consecutive waves of enemies in a single area. Enemies get more difficult as time goes on, perhaps some way of getting small bits of health back between waves. Wave 1 = rats and bats, Wave 2 = 15 ice slimes, Wave 3 = 2 Cave trolls and 4 rat nests. Best part of this plan is it is good for development testing, if this mode isn't fun then your combat system needs work.
2. More weapon types: So far in the demo it looks like you just have a knife and sword weapon type. If you could add weapon types, staves, spears, bow, and greatsword it could really add to the depth of the combat. Lots of different attack animations and hit boxes could really help mix up combat. For example a spear may not do as much damage and is slow, but has a great range to use against cave trolls. Knifes have a tiny hitbox, but are much quicker than swords or any other weapon. Whips!!
3. Additional graphical assets: Female protagonist, more level tiles variety, visually equipping armor (I question the cost benefit of this one), etc.
4. Multiplayer and multiplatform: These are stretch goals remember. If you think it would take $500,000 to get multiplayer in there, then post it and see what happens.

Granja

Post by Granja » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:04 am

Yeah, i think visually changing the character with new armor would be great. But since it's a procedural game, not sure if it's worth it. Maybe some just change when the character gets a significant upgrade?

hawkeye
Supporter
Supporter

Post by hawkeye » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:27 am

Definitely put some extra time into the soundtrack. Different tunes for stair rooms, fountain rooms, etc. It can really make a difference while dungeon crawling.

Also I agree with all the arena mode suggestions, although I still think there should be a single player focus (unless something crazy happens with the kickstarter).

Overall I would prefer quality over quantity, but I think that goes without saying.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:32 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys! I think our favorite suggestions so far are:

New Game+ - start a second playthrough after completing with stats and gear from previous, harder enemies
Boss Rush Mode- Fight all unlocked bosses in a row, perhaps unlock hidden stuff
Arena Mode- Battle enemies in waves, fight for unique unlocks or score
Infinite Dungeon Mode - Generates new floors forever until you die

Speedwagon

Post by Speedwagon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Here's my suggestions:
-New Game+ with Permadeath mode
-Extra quest accessible with New game+
-More plateforms (3DS please !!)

jres80

Post by jres80 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:14 pm

1. Multiple Endings - Think Super Metroid, different endings based on different parameters

2. Multiple Soundtracks - Think Ys Oath in Felghana and its excellent soundtrack, comprised of 2 different kinds of synth (low tech and high) and orchestrated

3. Media Junk - Animated or CG cutscenes, a high value stretch goal due to cost

4. Rogue-like or Endless modes (or both!) - as already mentioned. Just throwing in my approval of the idea

5. More characters, classes, items, levels, towns - High value, low cost

6. Built-in level editor and mod support

8. A "free expansion" type goal - Not my favorite, however it's a promise of further content down the road

9. Support for other platforms - Mac, Linux, WiiU-PS3-360-PS4-720-3DS-Vita etc

Just some ideas off the top of my head.