Stretch Goal Suggestions

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
gjkruijff
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Stretch Goal Suggestions

Post by gjkruijff » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Oktober wrote:Also, as a bit of a joke on the "inverted castle" mode in SOTN, can we do a "upside-down mine", where it's a climb up instead of down?
How about inverting gravity altogether?

GreenMushroomEater

Post by GreenMushroomEater » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:03 pm

I think you should add a console option like Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360. Also, crafting your on armor from the monsters you kill wouldn't be so bad, but do it like Monster Hunter where you have to kill it multiple times. You should also add an option where you could make your own dungeons. I think the console idea should be your number 1 priority and then go for the other ideas.

Zinic

Post by Zinic » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Some decent suggestions so far, just gonna list off the ones I'd like to see though, even if redundant in some cases.

1. Choice of female protagonist. Mostly just for cosmetic reasons.
2. Some kind of crafting system, though not entirely sure it'd work well in the context of the game judging from the demo. Maybe an upgrade system instead? Like, making weapons and armor +1, +2, etc.
3. More control over your stats, or maybe make this a separate mode. Rather than going with a class based system, basically. Mainly due to the fact that the story seems to be somewhat set.
4. More areas, possibly some of them secret or simply requiring certain actions to be fulfilled. Possibly in combination with the Altars, though I haven't figured out what these do in the first place. :P
5. More diverse spell system. More situational stuff like invisibility or limited flight. Or maybe transformation spells like in Order of Ecclesia?
6. More NPCs, possibly just for story purposes, though I guess you've already planned this out for the most part. :P
7. More visual variation on the players sprite, based on equipment. Unless this is already planned. Would still make for a decent stretch goal though.

That's about it. Already pledge for this game, because I'm quite interested in where you go with it. Keep up the nice work!

gjkruijff
Supporter
Supporter

Post by gjkruijff » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Zinic wrote: Possibly in combination with the Altars, though I haven't figured out what these do in the first place. :P
try dropping something "on" / "at" them ;)

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:20 pm

There's a ton of great ideas in here. Sounds to me like New Game+ is a no brainer ;)

Zinic

Post by Zinic » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:44 pm

discordgames wrote:There's a ton of great ideas in here. Sounds to me like New Game+ is a no brainer ;)
Most definitely!

YamoskraP
Supporter
Supporter

Post by YamoskraP » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:35 pm

Ideas on stretch goals:

1. True Metroidvania
I'd like to see non-auto generated dungeons for stretch goals. One thing I really love about the Metroidvania genre is going through the game, and seeing something you can't reach earlier on, and then finding the items that will unlock it later. The whole idea of exploring and re-exploring is really enjoyable.

2. PlayStation Platforms
Also, as mentioned by others, other platforms would be fun. I'd personally really like to see PlayStation Vita (or even PlayStation Mobile). And do global release (I tend to buy from the Japanese PSN Store).

3. Enlisting Veterans
Other stretch goals that would be cool, would be to get in touch with Konami or the original composer of Symphony of the Night and enlist some help on music, level-design, bosses, weapons or combat. If not the Castlevania route, maybe the Metroid route? Talk to Retro and get some cool input? Enlisting veterans of the genre would be fun.

GreenMushroomEater

Post by GreenMushroomEater » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Please put it on the Wii U. It needs some love and Metroid fans would buy it. Also multiplayer wouldn't be a bad idea

Alenonimo
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Alenonimo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:03 pm

YamoskraP wrote:1. True Metroidvania
I'd like to see non-auto generated dungeons for stretch goals. One thing I really love about the Metroidvania genre is going through the game, and seeing something you can't reach earlier on, and then finding the items that will unlock it later. The whole idea of exploring and re-exploring is really enjoyable.
Maybe a seed function, like Minecraft. Would suffice, no?

Was there any suggestion for customizing the main character? Some games I've pledged added the ability to play as a girl as a stretch goal, for example. Could even expand the market.

It would require some work with the dialogs though.

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Yeah I think James mentioned a seed function so that highscores would make sense.

Please don't double post.