Stretch Goal Suggestions

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
James
Developer
Developer

Stretch Goal Suggestions

Post by James » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:46 am

Just wondering what you guys think some cool stretch goals would be in case we make funding. We're trying to keep things pretty sane, as we'd much prefer to use any extra money to help with getting the team closer together. BUT - if there was some, what would you think?

We were considering some stuff like:

- Extra areas
- Extra quests
- Infinite Dungeon Game Mode
- Extra Hardcore with hunger and other annoying stuff

Go!

demman
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Stretch Goal Suggestions

Post by demman » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:49 am

Now, I don't really know what the Blue Canary does, but it seems to be some kind of pet item. If it's like that, perhaps more kinds of them? Unless the bird is just a cool item to have.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:50 am

Yea, I should put an explanation on there. Basically familiars will follow you around, and attack enemies for you. They will level as well and get more powerful attacks. Definitely a good extra!

demman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by demman » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:54 am

That's what I thought. They remind me of the little animals from the game Castle Crashers. Perhaps you can randomly find them, and some can boost abilities, some use magic, others find items and stuff like that. Would you be restricted to one at a time? Or can you have all yours out at once and be super vet?

fawz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by fawz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:20 am

That sounds like a pretty good list!

Extended content is always a good thing to do gp with since you work on a base that will be made anyways and it's easy to keep making additions to the last minute. I'm talking about new weapons, spells, tile sets, character looks, npcs, animations, ect...

As for gameplay and feature additions a Pet system would be something most people would be interested in, but I think it might affect the mood of the game and might be a bit of a headache to execute properly.

An endless mode sounds like a great idea! The perfect type of thing to keep the game relevant well past release.

As for the true hardcore mode it adds to the replayabilty and increases the playerbase that is interested in the game.

I've seen mention of incorporating a form of 'classes' which could be interesting if kept simplistic in the sense that it affects the past of the character and modifies the starter kits (slight variation in look and starting weapons/spells). Tying into this some form of character customization (different heads) might garner interest as well.

Cross platform is also a big one as this is exactly the type of game people would want to see elsewhere like PSN, XBLA, iPhone, Android, Ouya, ect...

Edit: Oh an another big one is language support. Considering that so far the game looks to be text based without voice overs it shouldn't be too hard to fit this into a stretch goal.

gruevy
Supporter
Supporter

Post by gruevy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Somebody mentioned classes, but here's a game that did it well. Played it 5 times through, felt different each time. Copied and pasted from wikipedia:

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon has four alternative modes of gameplay, which must be completed in order as completion of one mode unlocks the code for the next. Once the player has finished Circle of the Moon for the first time, he or she receives a code that can be entered as his or her name when starting a new game; this code will start the game in Magician Mode, in which Nathan has decreased strength and defense, but increased intelligence and begins with all twenty DSS cards. Fighter Mode does not permit the use of DSS cards, but increases his strength and endurance. Shooter Mode allows a higher maximum of hearts he can carry, but gives a penalty to strength, defense, and hit points. Thief Mode reduces Nathan's strength and defense, but increases his luck greatly.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:11 pm

I think it would be cool to have an area where waves of enemies keep coming until you die. It could be a type of arena, where you can complete certain challenges to get special loot. For example, if you kill 500 enemies you get a really powerful item or something like that. It could also have a leader board so you can compete to get the most kills without dying. It would probably be a lot of work but I think it would be a cool stretch goal. :D

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:33 pm

KevinS wrote:I think it would be cool to have an area where waves of enemies keep coming until you die. It could be a type of arena, where you can complete certain challenges to get special loot. For example, if you kill 500 enemies you get a really powerful item or something like that. It could also have a leader board so you can compete to get the most kills without dying. It would probably be a lot of work but I think it would be a cool stretch goal. :D
That would be awesome :o

Just make sure there's a warning not to try on hardcore mode.

ThaPlague
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ThaPlague » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:09 am

A few ideas:

-Crafting system for weapons that you would have to replay the game to get unique drops or revisit areas.
-More characters that have unique abilities (as mentioned above).
-2nd play through difficulty and unique enemies with higher level gear.
-Special Alucard play through mode.

Basically anything that adds replay ability and/or extended play because I will be playing this game a lot.

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:32 am

Crafting your own gear would be cool, especially if it was like Dark Cloud where you could level up your weapons and apply points to them :)