Stretch Goal Suggestions

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Dan

Re: Stretch Goal Suggestions

Post by Dan » Fri May 03, 2013 3:45 pm

jres80 wrote:eShop and PSN porting should be relatively simple. From what I hear, Nintendo has dropped a lot of requirements for indie developers.

I'd also like to throw in my voice on the female protagonist. It's a really nice option for our fellow gamers of the female persuasion.
I cannot quote jres80 hard enough! :lol:
I feel like the gender swap stretch goal would be much better among the first ones to get funded, higher than achievements as a matter of priority.
That, and a 3DS (more than a WiiU) port. In my humble opinion this game looks like it is made for a 3DS!
These, I feel should be two of the promises to throw a lot around the Web that would garner some more interest in Chasm, along with some more stress on the procedural dungeon system and what else you could promise about a deep gameplay!
Sorry to bother you insisting on these subjects! I hoped that you would get more than double the money you asked on KS before the last week, and I still wish you so before it ends! :x
I am sorry and bothered that I can't seem to make more people get interested in Chasm :|
Maybe promises of porting on portables and what not and of a gender-sensitive mind would help?
Last edited by Dan on Sun May 05, 2013 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Granja

Post by Granja » Sat May 04, 2013 10:28 am

I want that Roguelike mode so bad! Also, are achievements so hard to implement that they have to be a Stretch Goal?

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Sat May 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Granja wrote:I want that Roguelike mode so bad! Also, are achievements so hard to implement that they have to be a Stretch Goal?
It's not that these things are hard, but that they take up development time. For indie developers every dollar they get isn't profit but time they can spend on something.

marak
Supporter
Supporter

Post by marak » Sat May 04, 2013 10:34 pm

In other words, time is money. Very literally when you have little to no STEADY income but must pay peoples' salaries.

Nukarmer

Post by Nukarmer » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:46 am

Would love to see the game on my Wii U or 3DS. Hope you guys will meet the right people. Big N is very friendly to indies nowadays.

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:44 pm

- New Game+
- Hard Mode Level 1 Cap (like in Castlevania Portrait of Ruin)
- Crafting gems
- Post game story (different than New Game+) After killing the boss, a player would continue the game and unlock some previously locked things (like special areas, unique enemies and bosses, objects &c). These things would not have any storyline at all, and after finishing them all we would face the end boss again, but in its Uber form.
- Enemies breeder (based on such a thing from the Mega Man Battle Network 3 game). There would be a special room in which we would enhance all enemies foundable in the game. By paying an amount of <gold, or gems, or some other currency>, we would make the enemies stronger by increasing their HP, damage dealt to us and their resistance. To unlock each breeded, we would have to find somewhere in the dungeons a BIG version of that enemy and kill it (they would also work as some kind of sub-bosses). The stronger the enemy is, the better things it would drop upon killing, and the more XP would give us. There could be even a some quests to unlock all the breeders, and to fill them to 100%. Each breeded would enhance a whole family of enemies, including all palette swaps.
- Extra modes like Old Axe Armour Mode, Rich(i)ter Mode, or modes from the Circle of the Moon.
- Pokedex. Like cards from the Circle of the Moon, souls from Aria/Dawn of Sorrow or Djinns from Golden Sun games.