Thoughts on the current alpha

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
zimjthm
Supporter
Supporter

Thoughts on the current alpha

Post by zimjthm » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:37 pm

I’m enjoying the alpha quite a bit. Even from playing the build that was set up at Magfest 2014 earlier this year the improvements and changes were good choices. I’ve only gotten to the catacombs area so far. I do have some questions and suggestions for now though.

Question 1: For the portal/warp rooms and fires) Will the player in later builds and final version be able to choose where to warp instead of cycle through the locations? Will there be a scroll or possible consumable item to return to the last fire you rested at?
The fire as save/checkpoint/level up/crafting was a change I really liked. In mind reminds me of dark souls first and foremost. It would be nice to have something instead of backtracking to a fire.

Question 2: Weapons and spells UI) For the sub-menu when equipping weapons or spells will you be able to sort them by type instead just scrolling through the list of items? Also the ability to discard or sell any equipment one no longer desires?

Question 3: Essence/Money) Any plans to implement something to increase percentage of essence/money gained in the game to help reduce grinding like the covetous silver serpent ring in dark souls?

I’ve only run into minor bugs no more than two times. If I experience these bugs again I’ll get screen caps or videos of them to report them. Other than that I think the alpha is great.

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Thoughts on the current alpha

Post by James » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Be sure to verify your account and visit the backer-only section! http://discordgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=280