First Thoughts Using a PS4 Controller

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Draqonic
Supporter
Supporter

First Thoughts Using a PS4 Controller

Post by Draqonic » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:55 am

I decided to use a PS4 controller instead of an XBOX controller. This has removed most of the problems other users have mentioned.

Another game I have played, Rogue Legacy, actually has a controller scheme built in for this exact issue ("Use DInput gamepads")
Making it short, the Playstation method is a Square bounding box, and XBOX is a Circle. Which causes the overlap and downward press. Adding a "Use XInput Gamepad" feature should solve most of the problems.

To clarify PS4 controllers are DInput and XBOX is XInput, some logitech gamepads even have an option to switch this on the controller as a button. Playing emulators as a kid allowed me to realize right away why I was always ducking playing platformers like Chasm.

Being that Playstation is getting a port, adding this feature would make XBOX ports easier as well.

Side Request: Holding down and jumping drops through platforms is much needed, however in most games (Ill use Castlevania SotN as a close example) holding down and jumping on solid ground would cause you to jump. This makes the game feel much more fluid in its actions.

Question: Is weapon speed a hidden statistic for weapons, or are all weapons like that? It makes it feel a little clunky. I go to jump on a platform while slashing, I land and it takes a few moments to attack again, resulting in possibly getting hit.

Draqonic
Supporter
Supporter

Re: First Thoughts Using a PS4 Controller

Post by Draqonic » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:35 am

Cancel the side request... *sigh i feel stupid.