Directional attacks?

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
MajorFordson
Supporter
Supporter

Directional attacks?

Post by MajorFordson » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:36 pm

Will the game be getting directional attacks? Playing the current release for 5 minutes it was quite frustrating having such a limited attack.

Although I can see that if the player quickly obtains either a weapon with a better arc, or the ability to attack in more directions, then such a limitation is completely fine as a "first five minutes" power limitation.

(Bonus suggestion - Please replace the different coloured leaves with something a bit more... underground and creative. The trope of having "extremely generic crafting items" is a grand old tradition, so it would be good to see the likes of "Glimmering Ore" and "Oozing Mushroom" make it into the game instead of the current coloured leaves)

((Bonus bonus feedback - Stuff I currently love is the short-yet-sweet crate open item get animation, the use of the counter bell to wake up the mine owner, the peaceful save campfire room, I hope we see one with a fountain sometime nothing soothes like the trickle of water)

eyecreate
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Directional attacks?

Post by eyecreate » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:35 pm

I did notice a directional down attack to attack next to you vs in front of you. It's hard to activate vs the normal attack using only movement controls. Attacking controls should get a look at and possibly making crouch another button or something to allow precise attacking.