Android port?

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
khorney

Android port?

Post by khorney » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:10 pm

I saw YouTube preview of this and it looks awesome! First thing I though though is that this is the kind of game I would love to play on my tablet - I loved playing symphony of the night on my PSP, and a procedurally generated game would be perfect for short bursts. I noticed there's going to be a Linux version, any chance of an android version too then? Or are the technical limitations too great?

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Android port?

Post by James » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:30 am

Not sure about the technical limitations, but I couldn't imagine playing this without a real controller >< It's a very tough game even if it doesn't look it from the videos. We're trying to stick to anything with a d-pad for now, so Vita wouldn't be out of the question.

khorney

Post by khorney » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Ah, I normally play with a blutooth pad synced up so I hadn't considered that an issue =P Though the virtual d-pads can suffice in a pinch, particularly if you're only using the basic keys (4button/dpad). mobile apps is where the money is supposed to be at at the moment, so it might not be a terrible idea

moebiuss

Post by moebiuss » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:09 am

and what about a Ouya port? it will be awesome

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Definitely looking into Ouya since it's already Monogame compatible!

Zgoldenlion

Post by Zgoldenlion » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:58 pm

discordgames wrote:Not sure about the technical limitations, but I couldn't imagine playing this without a real controller >< It's a very tough game even if it doesn't look it from the videos. We're trying to stick to anything with a d-pad for now, so Vita wouldn't be out of the question.
If you put this game on the vita it's an instabuy for me. I hope you all really consider doing this!!

I want this game with a passion but I do not play games on pc. Also currently the vita has only one metroidvania style game ATM Guacamelee and I think you'd have a lot of people interested in buying it.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:59 am

I'd love to get it on Vita! Still waiting for details from them..