The 80 point confusion.

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
80 points

The 80 point confusion.

Post by 80 points » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi James. I'm just a gamer. Read part of your indie gamer chick interview. Chasm looks great! I know a proud dev may feel strongly against only charging a dollar for their hard work but in the case of xbox indies, you would get the most money if you did. I have rarely bought 240 and 400 pointers. I have bought over 40 80 pointers. I listen to several podcasts that play xbox indies and they all support a good 80 pointer. Then some of their audience does the same. If the game is good and comes to steam too, the dev may also get the support on that platform as well. We gamers love to support indie devs that deserve it. If your game is that good we tell everyone to play it, after all its only 80 points, then they play it, love it, tell their friends and then they support the dev. Personally I can't wait to play Chasm. I will buy it. Hopefully on xbox and steam. Peace dude. Who am I to tell you anyway... ;) I'm just a gamer. If you ever need someone to do voice work let me know. I'll do it for a copy of the game. Just kidding dude. Full support here but I don't spend 400 points on xbox indies and neither does anyone else. Although only seeing profit from charging 80 points, you'll get a hell of a lot more downloads and guys like me will talk about it on our podcasts.

kevinski
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The 80 point confusion.

Post by kevinski » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Depends on the platform. Frankly, I wouldn't put much faith in XBLA or XBLIG to make most developers a ton of money. Just release it for $4.99 or less on Steam, and plenty of people will buy it. If the game *does* end up costing more than that, then I'd suggest either of the following:

- Start out strong with a 50-75% off sale.
- Sell multiple copies together for a discounted price (4 for the price of 3).