Some suggestions

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Some suggestions

Post by Nemomon » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:40 pm

I already revived and spammed some suggestions in the other topics, but here I will post some other:

- I like the blue objects, but I think there's too many of them. In my second run my entire character was almost full of them. They're stronger than normal objects, which means that buying or finding normal objects will be useless. Because they're always weaker than the blue objects. If while playing the game through half an hour earned me at least 7 blue objects, I don't want to think how frequent they will be in the full game. But I do like that two identical blue objects can vary in their attributes boost. I also think that they should be sold for a bit more money - after all they're a bit better objects.

- If a character is dropping some objects, they objects should be dropped behind him. A LOT of times I dropped objects just to take them back a second later while going forward to the exit. Later I finally learned that i have to jump over the objects, but still sometimes I was forgetting doing that, and ended taking the objects back.

- Considering how small the inventory limit is, and how often objects are dropped by enemies and/or treasure chests, maybe the game should allow hidding objects in the treasure chests? More or less like it is done in the chest inside of the house in the village (where we get our first rusty sword).

- If that above would be possible, maybe the map should have some movable markers, so players would be able to mark the treasure chests they used to hide some of their stuff. Moving back and forth to the village to sell stuff is kind of annoying too... especially at the deeper floors.

- The big ogre with a club should not hesitate to attack after being hit by a character. So far he has been the weakest enemy because of that despite having a bit more hit points (not too much though; if I would find one blue object more I would kill him in one hit).

- I have noticed that some of the map segments like to reappear at the later floors. I'm not sure if in the normal gameplay the floors should be randomly generated. Maybe in the hard mode. I'm afraid that if someone will be stuck in the game, and will not know what to do else (which happened in Castlevanias and Zeldas a lot of times, especially in Zeldas), he won't be able to provide a map of the floor he's stuck at asking for help.

- I didn't notice any breakable walls. Are they planned? Both Zeldas and Castlevanias were very fun to play while trying to find them. The Castlevania ...of Sorrow games even had Peeping Eye soul that allowed to see the breakable walls ;). These rooms or entire floors could have some extra puzzles and tricks that aren't required to finish the game, but would reward some extra objects or abilities (that elsewhere would be needed to gain even better stuff, but in the normal gameplay they rather would be useless, or close to useless).

- I think there should be some shortcuts, teleportation rooms or elevators that will allow to move through the mine floors easier and quicker. Or perhaps some scrolls (or ultra rare ability to mark a point in the mine (like dropping a seal) that allows teleporting back to that location and pick up the seal) that would allow teleporting back to the village.

- I have read on the Kickstarter about this: "Roguelike Mode - Challenge yourself with unidentified & cursed items, hunger, permadeath, & constantly shifting dungeons in this mode." Not sure if You're planning to add it anytime soon, but I have an idea for it - a Plane Shifting mode. In this mode each single room a character enters is generated randomly. When a character leaves the room, he won't back to the room he previously entered, but to a new generated room (or perhaps he won't be able to leave that rooms at all, but just move forward). The apperance of the rooms could change, and be based on every single room and level in the game, so leaving a mine room could move a character to a chinese room, and then to a trees room and so on. Perhaps some unique rooms (that don't appear in the normal gameplay) could be added to this mode too.

- More unique weapons should unleash special attacks that would be an addition to the critical hits. Like in the Golden Sun series, pretty much every weapon there has some kind of special attack which summons something or someone, or deals incredible damage. However only a very few such a weapons should exist in the game, and they should be the ones among the rarest objects in the game.