Quick Bug Report

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Furrion

Quick Bug Report

Post by Furrion » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:28 am

Sorry, the bug report took a long time so not actually sure if it sent. Sadly I was playing full screen and was unable to get a SS of this since Print Screen didn't seem to actually capture the image so I will describe it to the best of my ability.

Was exploring, enter a room going left, according to the map, only one way in and out of this room. Explore further into it, it was one of the double wide rooms. Get to the left side and there is an exit to the left, doesn't show on the map.

I went out the exit, takes me to a closed room with only 1 exit, left. no entrance/exit on the right side where I should be entering from. In this room, I am invisible, I can attack, use book of blades, lose mana, but I do no damage to the enemies and I take no damage when just walking through the room toward the exit.

I exit the room left and appear in a room 3-4 rooms away from where this whole thing started occuring.

Not sure if it can be reproduced, this is my first playthrough of the new build. Doesn't crash the game or anything so not sure on how serious you would rate it, just a little unsettling at first, lol.

Quick Edit - It just happened again in a different spot on Level 2 of the same playthrough, led me to an area I hadn't even been to yet.

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Quick Bug Report

Post by James » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:30 pm

I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is. If you can, try and screenshot your map next time. Thanks!

Furrion

Re: Quick Bug Report

Post by Furrion » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Did an entire playthrough starting on Level 5, which was an awesome run btw, found a couple orange rarity items (legendary? not sure what rarities are labeled as yet) and had no issues so it must not be a bug that appears every time. Could just be on certain layouts maybe? Or maybe starting on certain levels? No clue, I'll keep doing playthroughs and find out.

Also, starting on level 7 is not stable in the build now, crashes it so I went back to 5 and was able to do a full playthrough no problem.

Quick Edit - After switching to windowed mode and stuff the game feels much faster for the first little bit, move speed, jump speed all feel much smoother and quicker, I really enjoy it, but after a couple minutes in it slows down to the standard speed I think it's supposed to be at.

I'm not sure what is causing the temporary boost, all I have switched in the config is to run at 4 for scaling and start at lvl 5.