A Suggestion of My Own.

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
demman
Supporter
Supporter

A Suggestion of My Own.

Post by demman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Well, on the surface there is the gypsy hut, black smith house, miner hut, the tavern, and the unwanted well. Why not make use of the well? Perhaps at one point the well is unlocked. Leads to some sort of sewer of sorts with rats and everything. The well just feels left out in my opinion. Just an odd idea. Not really needed, but would be nice.

:)

Linkshot
Supporter
Supporter

Re: A Suggestion of My Own.

Post by Linkshot » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:26 am

The well is the respawn point. When you die, they pull you up and resuscitate you. Except not really. You just respawn.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:37 am

The well is actually supposed to be an epic old statue that the town is built around, but we ran out of time. The plan is that after you reach the first portal underground, it will connect back to there for easy travel. Would have loved to get it in, but another thing we had to cut due to time constraints.

Btw, I do like your excuse of them pulling him up :D

Alenonimo
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Alenonimo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:59 pm

discordgames wrote:The well is actually supposed to be an epic old statue that the town is built around, but we ran out of time. The plan is that after you reach the first portal underground, it will connect back to there for easy travel. Would have loved to get it in, but another thing we had to cut due to time constraints.

A well could work, you know? He could access the well from underground and climb it to the other levels and to the outside, like an elevator. A hand-powered elevator… I'm glad I'm not that guy!

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:16 pm

Alenonimo wrote:
discordgames wrote:The well is actually supposed to be an epic old statue that the town is built around, but we ran out of time. The plan is that after you reach the first portal underground, it will connect back to there for easy travel. Would have loved to get it in, but another thing we had to cut due to time constraints.

A well could work, you know? He could access the well from underground and climb it to the other levels and to the outside, like an elevator. A hand-powered elevator… I'm glad I'm not that guy!
Hehe, a bottomless well? :D

But, since the sprite of the well actually exist, why not leave it alone (considering hat the respawning point will be that statue), and someday add a new dungeon to it? Maybe not when the game will be released, but later. Or make it a bonus dungeon which is unlocked after finishing the game.