Button Confusion

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Mifune013

Button Confusion

Post by Mifune013 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:45 am

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, or if it's just me, but because I'm using S & D a lot (and A occasionally) when I go into Menu I start thinking S is confirm and D is cancel so I'll end up throwing myself out of the Menu or wonder why I didn't leave the Menu. I would be nice to change S & D into confirm and cancel (or more preferably the ability to change the control layout).

(Though if I'm really the only one that suffers from this issue, I guess changing anything would be pointless. Though being able to change the control layout would still be pretty nice.)

Geko
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Button Confusion

Post by Geko » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:47 pm

You can change the controls for the demo in the config.ini file. I'm pretty sure the full game will include in game control mapping.

What "confused" me most about the controls was different controls for attacking (Z X) and other controls for interacting (A S). Unless this proves useful somehow in the full game I don't really see this as a feature but more of a hindrance.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:12 pm

I've changed the game to use Z for jump and X & C for hands. We'll probably use Up as the action button unless something gets changed between now and release.

Mifune013

Post by Mifune013 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:34 pm

So I changed the configuration so that it uses WASD and the numpad (figuring out the command for numpad was the hardest part). The problem now is that the text that says what key to press takes up to much room. The weapon slots just show a N and the little reminders show the whole name which gets overlayed onto what they're linked turning into a jumbled mess. Not really a suggestion, just thought it might be something you guys might want to know.

AmyBrunson

Post by AmyBrunson » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:36 am

I too get confused about the short cut buttons too often so i think before starting the game a brief view should be given about it.

BitgateMobile
Supporter
Supporter

Post by BitgateMobile » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:33 pm

Why not have button and keyboard assignments? This would make it so users could use a WASD assignment, then something crazy like the numeric keypad for jump and weapon buttons. :)