Gender Swap

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
Lunais
Supporter
Supporter

Gender Swap

Post by Lunais » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:35 pm

My best friend and I were sad that you guys didn't make it to the Gender Swap stretch goal. Although, we were a little confused as to why this goal was so high up. It doesn't seem like it would take that many resources to create a female duplicate of the main character's sprite. Are there more reasons than just that?
FemaleChasm.png
FemaleChasm.png (1.1 KiB) Viewed 4446 times
I just whipped up this female draft based on the male version. Were you guys hoping to do a completely different costume? Would you guys be open to a fan-made sprite if Glauber didn't enough time? Just curious :3

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Gender Swap

Post by James » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:22 pm

Looks very cool!

We're planning on doing armor class variations, so there will be a ton of artwork already to do for the player without introducing a second character to worry about. If we did do one, it'd be a complete costume change as well. We'll see what our resources look like after we get farther down the line. We have to lower the priority since its only a cosmetic change.

Lunais
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Lunais » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Oh cool! I didn't realize that there were going to be armor variations! That's rad! And I totally understand the apprehension about gender swap mode now!

Carry on being awesome, then :)

alef321
Supporter
Supporter

Post by alef321 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Woah ,this looks awesome , kinda makes me wanna do a drawn of Fem Main helping the guy :lol:

unseven
Developer
Developer

Post by unseven » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:59 pm

As bad as I wanted to make a woman also be a main character, it does consume a lot of time (maybe not only mine, but James's too) and is not a priority for us (gameplay comes first).

Still, I don't think that should involve a complete costume redesign, we could go for something simpler. Maybe just a head and chest swap? I'd think she's also a soldier, so no problem if she has any bulky animations or the same clothing.