Item Durability?

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
EarleD
Supporter
Supporter

Item Durability?

Post by EarleD » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:52 pm

The game doesn't seem to have a multitude of weapons, yet, and it is a very quick-paced game. Will you be introducing item durability to stop players from hoarding gold. I think it could work well because you show images of weapons on the action buttons. You could show their deterioration over time with those icons. I just think it's important to find ways to discourage players from hoarding gold and having easy ability to do so makes the game just too fast paced in my opinion.

Eion Kilant 739

Re: Item Durability?

Post by Eion Kilant 739 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:26 am

I don't think this game really needs an usage limit. I just don't like the idea of having that much of a risk when I buy weapons, as I'll be hoping that they will make themselves worth the purchase before they expire. Plus the gold-hoarding thing is sort of getting taken care of by a recall method of some sort.

EDIT: Here's the post:
discordgames wrote:Yea, we're going to implement a portal system, as well as have scrolls that will recall you back to town immediately. Thanks!

Lailoken
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Lailoken » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:42 pm

I'm not arguing for or against durability, but I'm curious how a recall ability deals with gold hoarding?

Darkiee

Post by Darkiee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:19 pm

I would guess that the recall scroll is a consumable that is available for purchase. If the scroll is expensive to purchase it acts as a gold sink.