Ring of Attraction

Suggestions to the developers about Chasm.
poe
Supporter
Supporter

Ring of Attraction

Post by poe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:37 pm

The Ring of Attraction would not have any base stats but would actively attract money, mana, and maybe items.

Nagisawa

Re: Ring of Attraction

Post by Nagisawa » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:03 am

Would be cute.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:59 pm

Yea, I definitely like this idea.. expect it to be used :D

Linkshot
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Linkshot » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:53 pm

A ring that attracts rings...

RhinoKneel

Post by RhinoKneel » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:35 pm

I think in that sense you could just have separate rings with those abilities (or later have an ultimate ring with all effects combined. So effects like increasing gold drops, the amount of mana you recover from kills, an hp draining effect perhaps, and in different magnitudes later on. Could also be extra effects on special weapons.

Alenonimo
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Alenonimo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:49 pm

I think that this ability could be a passive one that the character could obtain.

Actually, the character could get lots of passive abilities, like mana regeneration or even just stuff that makes him stronger, like those Dracula parts that you can get on Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Agreed on abilities. Tim and I were talking about that last night. Instead of the Shadow Complex/Metroid way of weapons giving you new abitlities, its going to have to something closer to SOTN. I'd like a majority of them to be platforming based so we can do some cool stuff that hasn't been done before with this type of game (wall jump, ledge grabbing, grapple hooks, etc)

fawz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by fawz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:20 pm

discordgames wrote:Agreed on abilities. Tim and I were talking about that last night. Instead of the Shadow Complex/Metroid way of weapons giving you new abitlities, its going to have to something closer to SOTN. I'd like a majority of them to be platforming based so we can do some cool stuff that hasn't been done before with this type of game (wall jump, ledge grabbing, grapple hooks, etc)
That sounds awesome and I think it would also add to the combat gameplay aspects since being able to wall jump and do a downwards attack would open up a bunch of new opportunities.

Alenonimo
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Alenonimo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:00 pm

fawz wrote:
discordgames wrote:Agreed on abilities. Tim and I were talking about that last night. Instead of the Shadow Complex/Metroid way of weapons giving you new abitlities, its going to have to something closer to SOTN. I'd like a majority of them to be platforming based so we can do some cool stuff that hasn't been done before with this type of game (wall jump, ledge grabbing, grapple hooks, etc)
That sounds awesome and I think it would also add to the combat gameplay aspects since being able to wall jump and do a downwards attack would open up a bunch of new opportunities.
It would give more of a Mega Man feel to the game.

I like it!

TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:11 pm

The GDC demo has an option called "Attraction" - Turning it on causes the game to crash on boot-up for me. :P A'whoops!

Also a potential problem to this comes from intentionally dropping items. All dropped items would have to have a flag set to ignore the attraction effect or you'd be forced to endlessly pick them up. Nuuuuu.