Strange Coincidence!

For any off-topic discussions
hannahbasden

Strange Coincidence!

Post by hannahbasden » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:27 pm

Hello! My name is Hannah and I have a soft spot for roguelike games, so it comes as no surprise that I fell in love with Chasm after passing it at the store and downloaded it as soon as I got home. First of all the game is amazing so far, I love the gameplay and it just looks beautiful overall. Secondly, your Professor Basden character was very intriguing to me because my last name happens to be Basden and I've never seen it used by anyone else! I was so excited when I saw my family name on the screen that I thought I'd ask the creators if you named this character after anyone in particular. Unfortunately I've never had the best sources of obtaining information regarding my family's genealogy so I'm really excited to know a little background on this character if you don't mind sharing it with me!

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Strange Coincidence!

Post by James » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Hey Hannah, thanks so much for your support! That's a cool coincidence :) When I first came up with it, it was actually meant to be his first name. I originally named him "Basden Glob" but the games co-writer talked me out of it (thankfully), and he just became "Professor Basden". I think some people in the game still refer to him as just "Basden", so I guess its up in the air if its really his first name or last. Anyhow, that is the story behind it!

hannahbasden

Post by hannahbasden » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:45 am

Wow so it really is just a coincidence then, so crazy! Do you know any Basdens that made you think to name him that? Although I agree with your co-writer, I kinda dig "Basden Glob" :lol: It'd make a great band name!!

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:28 am

Nope, I'm actually not sure where I pulled that one from :D