statistic mismatch bug

Help and problem reporting for the game.
Lailoken
Supporter
Supporter

statistic mismatch bug

Post by Lailoken » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:01 pm

I did post this to the bug forum but I can't find it now to add my screenshots, so maybe it is actively being worked on? Or was cleared because I took too long to add any more data, making the bug report useless? (I am a software developer so I would understand this)

Anyways the bug is that the numbers for damage do not always reflect the actual damage and tend to get fixed when equipping better gear. Maybe something to do with leveling up while using gear A not reflecting in the statistics until gear B is equipped?

Here are my screenshots: The first one shows my equip screen as I am about to equip armor that will increase my damage by a bit.
Attachments
dmg-bug.gif
dmg-bug.gif (181.48 KiB) Viewed 15598 times

Lailoken
Supporter
Supporter

Re: statistic mismatch bug

Post by Lailoken » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:03 pm

As you can see from that previous image, the UI is telling me I will gain 15(!) damage from equipping this armor. The reality is that I was already dealing far more than 37, as you can see from this screenshot where I backed out of the screen in the previous one (without equipping the armor) and attacked something.
Attachments
dmg-bug-2.gif
dmg-bug-2.gif (189.55 KiB) Viewed 15597 times

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:26 pm

Thanks for the report, there's something up with the UI we will be looking into. This will definitely help :)

Lailoken
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Lailoken » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:42 pm

I didn't take screenshots and have since died, but it happened again an hour later when I equipped Trell's greatsword. The damage listed was quite a bit lower than the damage dealt.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:47 pm

That might actaully be a different problem - there's a piece of code in there that will lower the total damage if your STR is lower than the ATK of the weapon. Not sure I like that or not though, will look into it.

Lailoken
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Lailoken » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:08 pm

I feel like that kind of thing only makes sense if you have more control over your statistics. Also just to be clear, my actual damage was as high as I would expect, it was just the listed damage that was low.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:24 pm

I agree, it's really just meant to keep you from using high level weapons too soon but the reality is you're probably OK to use them by the time you get them.

Batstabber
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Batstabber » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:15 am

On a related note, why not change the way stats are displayed in the menus to a (base stat ) + (item bonus) format so it's easier to glean
what you're getting out of your equipment. You already have two columns available, but that's only really used for comparing items in shops
or on the equipment screen.
"It was a mistake... We should've never opened those tunnels!
The mountain is rife with ruins and the vengeful history that dwells within them!"

- Pilus "Bogbrain" Boggs