A quick question.

General discussion about Chasm.
Furrion

A quick question.

Post by Furrion » Sun May 05, 2013 6:45 pm

When I start playing, the game is fast, smooth, everything is great, shortly into it though it slows down drastically. Just trying to find out what is causing this...I have a brand new PC that I built like 2 months ago now so I know it's not a hardware issue, 32gb memory, gtx 690 vid card, win7 64 bit, installed the game on a SSD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I watched ManVSGame's stream and his entire play experience was fast like how mine starts out. He just didn't get the slow down that mine does.

James
Developer
Developer

Re: A quick question.

Post by James » Mon May 06, 2013 3:28 am

We've heard this from a couple people but are unsure of the cause. I find it interesting that the last person that reported it also had an nVidia card. Do you have the latest drivers installed?

Also, can you set ShowFPS=1 in the config.ini and let me know what it slows to?

Joshimuz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Joshimuz » Mon May 06, 2013 5:36 am

I think I've had this problem before with XNA. I think I remember the cause of this is the Nvidia graphics settings.

Try going onto the Nvidia control panel and onto "Manage 3D Settings".
On the "Global Settings" tab, scroll down to the option called "Power management mode" and set it to "Prefer Maximum performance".

Furrion

Post by Furrion » Mon May 06, 2013 10:19 am

The FPS never drops under 60, the game just slows down drastically with no FPS loss...I tried the Nvidia fix posted and that also didn't change anything.

Quick edit - I do have the latest drivers installed as well. Forgot to mention it.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon May 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Do you know what your monitor refresh rate is set to? It acted a bit weird for me when mine was set to 75hz, but if I dropped it to 60hz started acting normal again.

Furrion

Post by Furrion » Mon May 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Mine is a 2560x1440 ips monitor, only 60 hz, it's not a 120hz monitor, at least to the best of my knowledge it's not :P Think the 120hz ips panels were a bit more than I wanted to go for a monitor, lol.