Ver Update Release Notes

General discussion about Chasm.
DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Ver Update Release Notes

Post by DarkLordSen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:54 pm

While I've been busy falling to my death in Rondo you managed to sneak in 1.036 , 1.037, 1.038, and now 1.039!!?!?! Will there be release notes with all the new juicy details!?

I damn near pissed myself when I saw ARCADE on the main menu. Off to die in the daily and weekly! Seriously thank you for this update and all the hard work you've put in. I didn't think I could love this game any more than I already do, but these updates are SO DAMN GOOD!

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Ver Update Release Notes

Post by James » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:25 pm

It was more of a quick jump from 35 to 39 since the ones in between were internal. Very glad to hear you're enjoying it and we have more coming!

DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DarkLordSen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Arcade mode is dope! I seriously love it. The only thing I found a bit rough was magic weapons dropping just a tad too often. What would end up happening is a lv 1 magic weapon would drop and replace my lv 3 weapon while also pushing my lv 3 weapon into ooze or acid water. So I would often have to sacrifice hp in order to retrieve my lv 3 weapon. This also happened a few times during combat. Mid-fight I'd hit a lantern and accidentally replace my weapon which nearly got me killed lol :lol:

The only thing I could think of is to maybe reduce the drop rate for magic items a bit or make them vanish after a short period? I'm sure there is an easy fix. Or if there was some way to lock your magic weapon in place you wouldn't have to worry about losing it. Hopefully we can get some more Arcade Mode feedback and see how the others feel.

Thanks again for bringing so much life and wonder to the world of Chasm!

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:36 pm

Cool! Thanks for the feedback. We'll definitely keep tweaking and improving it based off community feedback. Very interested as well in how others feel :)

manbiker

Post by manbiker » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:44 pm

What about 1.039 update + new game modes for VITA?
When? We are waiting for it!
[spoiler]
Thanks for a great game, especially for Vita system, and for supporting it!
BitKids THE BEST and the CHASM game is the most beautiful metroidvania (and other piaxel art game) i've seen in last years!
Pixel art and animation is greatest!
[/spoiler]

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Thanks manbiker. We don't have a date estimate yet, but we will be looking into it. The Arcade mode uses a completely different generation mode where its computed on the fly, and we haven't verified yet that it runs OK on Vita. We will be looking into it soon.