Unlock extra floors and Monsters on the demo

General discussion about Chasm.
Cheetah
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Unlock extra floors and Monsters on the demo

Post by Cheetah » Wed May 08, 2013 11:16 pm

In the updated demo you can go further, the interesting thing is that there was an increasingly noticeable lag for me when transitioning to a new floor. Likely the creation process. I think I got to 12 or 13 before just giving up because I was too over powered.

TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Thu May 09, 2013 4:25 am

For me, I crashed from having leveled too high. Tested with FirstFloor=5 and grinding eyeballs to level 12 or 13. Then when I went to floor 2 (which is actually floor 2) the game crashed. Kersplat.

The other type of bug is when the level tries to generate too large, breaking map boundaries. This happens after floor 10 at random depending on the generated floor's map.

DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DarkLordSen » Thu May 09, 2013 4:45 am

The game finally crashed around floor 11 after reaching the same level range... (Lv. 11-13) I wonder if there is a connection

TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Thu May 09, 2013 5:01 am

The level you are when you spawn a floor determines the quality of loot found on the level. From what I can tell anyway. That's why a First Floor = 5 will spawn tons of Rusty Swords. XD

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:19 am

I found the Eye ball enemies being easier than the bats. Somehow I want to kill them more than the bats.

The ogre looks great, but since every hit interrups its attack, I think he's the easiest enemy in the demo.

I didn't know about the altar thing. Good to know, and test.